updated region 5 finals

WC215GANN

Heacock lost to some kid from Warren County. The guy came out of nowhere and ran over the brackets. He's a very talented wrestler and took home the gold.

Actually, if I remember correctly, that kid put John Lane on his back earlier this season (I believe he's the only wrestler to put Lane on his back this year). I think he ended up losing to Lane 15-11. How bad did he beat Heacock, and who did he have in the finals?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gann, not to disrespect you, but why would you underestimate Gadie. He is a three time state qualifier, won regions last year and now is a two time region champ.

I just don't see how you underestimate that. He was seeded 1st in your weightclass too. He has never been put out of state, he has been disqualified every year, so he could have medaled every year.

Just wandering what went through your mind to underestimate him.

Donnie Roach is the 135 who beat heacock 7-6 and he beat Nick Chamberlain in the finals 8-4.

I was suprised how well donnie wrestled this weekend. He has become a better wrestler in the pas few weeks. We are proud of how well he did this weekend.

He lost to lane 13-11 this year! Donnie is a pretty good wrestler I think he just caught lane by suprize.

Congrats to Smyrna on their 3rd place finish. We were pretty close though. :lol:

SMyrna 125.5

Centennial 122

Warren County 120

Franklin finished as the #1 Team in the Region V Individual Tournament.

Congratulations to FHS Rebels heading to state next week!

112 - Mike Ortiz - 2nd in Region

119 - Charlie Warfield - 1st in Region

125 - Kelly Felix - 1st in Region

130 - Russ Runyeon - 4th in Region

135 - Jonathan Heacock - 3rd in Region

140 - Joel Konz - 1st in Region

145 - Bond Davis - 1st in Region

152 - Renell McCullough - 4th in Region

171 - John Kirn - 2nd in Region

What happened to Raby at 189 and Leech at 275?

BDD - We missed you at Regions! Raby has had the flu for several days and went 2-2 for the tournament. Leach had a good run, missed qualifing by one match.

The 189 from Ravenwood qualified and Raby will be working out with him as much as possible to get him ready for State.

Even though TSSAA season is nearly over, Raby will be competing in NHSCA & USAW Tournaments during the spring & summer before heading on to college. For the last 2 years, he has been nominated to be 'Most Like Coach Hill', so it comes as no surprise that he is going on to college to become a teacher & wrestling coach.

Leach is heading back to the football field and will be awesome on the Rebel Line next fall. Imagine what he will do next year in wrestling!

:justwrestle: