new AAA poll

90warrior

Mav, I guess I didn't understand your last post. I didn't feel that Powell should have been ahead of Oak Ridge in the poll or that Powell wouldn't win the next meeting. I just thought that Powell should have dropped in the poll instead of Oak Ridge and that just because an early season loss was ugly, that doesn't mean that Oak Ridge can't get better and play with them. I guess we saw that they could last Friday. I do have a cat in the fight but I still appreciate good teams and great games. I think these two good teams could get play two more times and these polls will be even more meaningless.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell lost a 3 point game at Oak Ridge on a poor shooting night with a key player less than 100%, after beating Oak Ridge at Powell (when healthy) by 15. That splits the season for these two and I think would leave Powell ahead of OR in most peoples minds (and polls).

Then you would have probably voted for Oklahoma to play in the nation title game after getting blown out but kansas state right? I know they split, but if a team loses they should drop no matter if it was by 3 or 30. Its not fair to the other teams who win and do there best and dont move up, and then a team who loses stays in the same spot as if they won

I don't think your Oklahoma analogy is a good one. I would not have wanted Oklahoma to play for the National Championship because in their final game they were BLOWN out by K State at a neutral site. My point with Powell and OR is that Powell killed OR at Powell, and OR squeeked by Powell at OR. The split to me goes in Powell's favor as far as polls are concerned because of the quality of their win verses OR's. My vote (if I were voting) is based on quality of win as opposed to the time frame of the win.

Basketball is also different than football beacause of the number of games played during a season, and the fact that there are alot of home and home match-ups. In college teams often beat an opponent at their home school and don't jump them in the polls if they had lost to them at the other school, and their overall record isn't better.

90 Warrior, who in our district can beat Shelbyville ? 8AAA and 7AAA is as weak

as i have ever seen it. Shelbyville stands alone. If White Co. can win the district,

which they should at home, they could possibly make it to the state because it

puts them in different bracket than Shelbyville. White Co. is my team all the

way, but in our region, Shelbyville stands alone. Don't forget Fuller is back.

• 2 weeks later...

Trojan Bob

I have lost all confidence in you. How do you put Craigmont only at number 7. They should be at no. 2 behind Shelbyville. I thought with you being a west tn. fan that you would have Craigmont at the top.

My new top ten

1. Shelbyville

2. Craigmont

3. Sevier County

4. Oak Ridge

5. Powell

6. Wilson Central

7. White County

8. Beech

9. Mt. Juliet

10. Riverdale

i want to know how Wilson Central is ahead of Mt. Juliet. i know mj doesnt have clark but they beat central without her.

I see your argument. But, I just think Wilson Central will win the district and region tourney and the Brandon boys will have their cowboy boots on stomping a hole in the new floor at Wilson Central for the substate. Sorry it is just an opinion. I don't claim to be an expert. But, I definitely respect your argument on those particular teams.

What have you been smoking Coach2001 ???? Whatever it is you need to change brands or stop smoking all together. Mt Juliet has beaten Wilson Central without Clark. Are you NOT aware of this...... LOL I'd like to see Wilson Central get to the State and the Brandon's get a shot at revenge against Shelbyville. I remember back in 1984 when this Shelbyville dynasty began with that historic win against undefeated and Top Ranked Lebanon in the Region Semifinals. To this day Brandon remembers that game more than any other game he's coached in.

Here's my unbiased Top 10

1 Mt Juliet

2 Powell

3 Oak Ridge

4 Sevier Co

5 Shelbyville

6 Daniel Boone

7 Heritage

8 Jackson North Side

9 Wilson Central

10 Craigmont

Just my opinion..... and to go a step further here's my picks to get to the State

Oak Ridge

Sevier Co

White Co

Riverdale

Mt Juliet

Wilson Central

Craigmont

Jackson North Side

What have you been smoking Coach2001 ???? Whatever it is you need to change brands or stop smoking all together. Mt Juliet has beaten Wilson Central without Clark. Are you NOT aware of this...... LOL I'd like to see Wilson Central get to the State and the Brandon's get a shot at revenge against Shelbyville. I remember back in 1984 when this Shelbyville dynasty began with that historic win against undefeated and Top Ranked Lebanon in the Region Semifinals. To this day Brandon remembers that game more than any other game he's coached in.

Here's my unbiased Top 10

1 Mt Juliet

2 Powell

3 Oak Ridge

4 Sevier Co

5 Shelbyville

6 Daniel Boone

7 Heritage

8 Jackson North Side

9 Wilson Central

10 Craigmont

Just my opinion..... and to go a step further here's my picks to get to the State

Oak Ridge

Sevier Co

White Co

Riverdale

Mt Juliet

Wilson Central

Craigmont

Jackson North Side

You have got to be kidding. :wub: