Favorite Stick

Redtwin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Edge is a good head for longstick D but the best all around sticks I would say are the Razor and the Shockwave. Nothing can beat the durability of the the Razor and the channeled pocket it has especially when you have monster mesh with it. As for the Shockwave it is one of the best face off heads i have ever used and it is almost impossible to break that head. As for shafts you gotta go with the Warrior Titan sticks.

And whatta you know, today, four days after this comment it breaks while checking a guy's buttend of his stick.

Yeah, I broke my edge of 3 years last week because I took it outside when it was too cold. I've replaced it with an edge X with mid-mesh, and I love it.

BTW... If it is cold where you live, knoxville for example, leave you stick in your car during school, so that it has adjusted to the weather before practice. A stick is much more likely to break if it has been taken from inside a warm building to the cold outside air.

The Edge is a good head for longstick D but the best all around sticks I would say are the Razor and the Shockwave. Nothing can beat the durability of the the Razor and the channeled pocket it has especially when you have monster mesh with it. As for the Shockwave it is one of the best face off heads i have ever used and it is almost impossible to break that head. As for shafts you gotta go with the Warrior Titan sticks.

I wouldnt recommend too many longpoles going to the razor. Its an awfully narrow head if you plan on throwing sideline to sideline. Great for shorties though

I have to reiterate what Redtwin said about playing with a stick when it is cold...I broke the head of my stick by playing with it right after i took it out of the back of my truck.

As far as D sticks go - I have loved playing with a DeBeer Wizard head with the Trakker pocket. It's very stiff for great poke checks and a heavier head for better balance. I use a Brine F-22 shaft.

Warrior makes the evolution, which i think is the best head you can buy, but it breaks. There is a kid on our team who has gone thorugh like 6 of them, but that's the only stick he will use. Also, for a consistent pocket and an all around good offensive stick, the Brine Cyber isnt bad

I wouldnt recommend too many longpoles going to the razor. Its an awfully narrow head if you plan on throwing sideline to sideline. Great for shorties though

I agree. I meant that the Razor is the best for middies and attack to use. And the narrow head isn't that bad. You can throw sideline to sideline very easily, it just depends on your whip and the stringing technique.

i would have to say that warrior heads are the best, by far not the most durable. I have gond through 6 warrior evolutions and revolutions, thought most of them were pinched or died, as well as I face off. The next best stick would have to be a blade, though I hate stx, I love where the blade's sidewall holes are. They make a really nice, deep pocket. Shaft wise, with out a doubt would have to be a Warrior Titan Pro. Those sticks are da mn near unbreakable. I have had mine since 7th grade and I just bought another to replace my back up stx C4O5.