Alabama individuals state tournament

best_of_the_west

i have never understood why Wrestling ( in most wrestling minded people ) think that there should be one TRUE champion but TSSAA does not do it in any other sport. I feel the the smaller schools are penalized because they are trying to compete against heavily populated schools. it might behoove TSSAA to follow the path of some of the other states . This could help promote some schools to start a program. It is unfair for a school of 300 to compete against a school of 2500. Does not not happen in football, basketball, baseball, track, soccer and track... Just my thoughts.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never understood why Wrestling ( in most wrestling minded people ) think that there should be one TRUE champion but TSSAA does not do it in any other sport. I feel the the smaller schools are penalized because they are trying to compete against heavily populated schools. it might behoove TSSAA to follow the path of some of the other states . This could help promote some schools to start a program. It is unfair for a school of 300 to compete against a school of 2500. Does not not happen in football, basketball, baseball, track, soccer and track... Just my thoughts.

Sommers-

With all the questions you ask, you must be writing a book. If so, you can put this in it. I have two screen names, Bayoubear and Silverbullet. I seldom use SilverBullet. Veterans of this board know Silverbullet (with the aid of a few people) published in this forum a wrestler ranking 3 or 4 times per year for the last two years. We no longer do it because it takes too much time, it is too controversial and there are other rankings being provided that serve the purpose of recognizing wrestlers and generating debate. I have NO, ZERO, NONE, NADA involvement with any current rankings and have no plans to do so in the future.

-I have never said I was for several divisions. If the small schools in Tennessee felt like they wanted to compete in a seperate Small School class, I would be for it.

-I favor the Public and Private split. The private schools have certain advantages over public schools academically and athletically.

-I am for enlarging the DI State Dual field to 16 schools.

-I am not trying to influence the landscape of wrestling. I am only expressing my opinion.

Now you know all I know. If there is anything I haven't covered, you know where I'll be tomorrow night.

Sommers-

With all the questions you ask, you must be writing a book. If so, you can put this in it. I have two screen names, Bayoubear and Silverbullet. I seldom use SilverBullet. Veterans of this board know Silverbullet (with the aid of a few people) published in this forum a wrestler ranking 3 or 4 times per year for the last two years. We no longer do it because it takes too much time, it is too controversial and there are other rankings being provided that serve the purpose of recognizing wrestlers and generating debate. I have NO, ZERO, NONE, NADA involvement with any current rankings and have no plans to do so in the future.

-I have never said I was for several divisions. If the small schools in Tennessee felt like they wanted to compete in a seperate Small School class, I would be for it.

-I favor the Public and Private split. The private schools have certain advantages over public schools academically and athletically.

-I am for enlarging the DI State Dual field to 16 schools.

-I am not trying to influence the landscape of wrestling. I am only expressing my opinion.

Now you know all I know. If there is anything I haven't covered, you know where I'll be tomorrow night.

BayouBear,

You better be careful in your true confessions.....read rule number 6 my friend.

Message Boards - Terms of Service

1.Be Clean: Adhere to decency and refrain from obscenity. No vulgar, abusive or hateful language.

2.Be Nice: No posting of material that antagonizes, harasses, or creates hostility toward another user or group of users.

3.Be Courteous: No posting to purposely interfere with normal dialog flow.

4.Be Polite: No targeting of another user by harassing or giving unwarranted attention to or attacking ones race or gender.

5.Be Prudent: Use the subject classifications already setup in forums for your posts. If you need a new subject area, contact CoachT.

6.Be Real: We require your E-Mail address and zip code, so others will know where you are coming from. The password system insures no one can impersonate you. We reserve the right to disallow the use of Web Based E-Mail accounts as contact addresses due to the ease of impersonation and use of fake names when using these services. Multiple user names by the same person is unacceptable and could result in termination of ALL such names.