Cloudland upsets Unaka

MiNDGaMeZ43

I have read all these posts and have come with an opinion of My own. I just hope everyone reads this carefully , Ever hear the old saying " What you see is What you get" ? Well , here goes. I think it is WRONG to get on here and "Point Fingers" and call names. Especially , CALL INDVIDUAL NAMES on here. OUR sons and daughters have a hard enough time dealing with all the pressures of school and other kids , doing what is right and doing what is wrong. They don't need to be seeing their parents acting like chilldren. name calling,trying to put the blame on a single player,childish ,to say the least. It looks like Jugheadboy and Coachtdog started this MESS !! But , I do agree with some of what "Jugheadboy" said and I agree with some of what "CoachTdog" said.

Jugheadboy said some of the others could be scoring more points,I have said that all along, and I haven't tried to hide it either. And JucieJoe , I'll take up for Jugheadboy here, What is negative about that statement ?

CoachTdog said that he was challenging the boys to get back in the gym and fix the problems. yes , here at the close of the season, they need to be in the gym more now than ever. They have a good chance of going to the state and the last thing they need is reading all this garbage and distracting them from the chore at hand.

Yes, LuvsBball, you made a true statement also , we as parents need to encourage our kids tell them they played a good game. As for me and "LittleDiggs" I have a hard time telling him he didn't do too good. I'll cop out and let Donald,Johnny and Richard do that. That is THEIR job to tell them what their doing wrong and tell them how to correct it. No, I don't agree or understand some of their methods or the reasoning , but , they are the coaches, NOT ME.

I will also back sportiemom, I know Mr. E , and we are Good friends, You are wrong in accusing him of being Jugheadboy. I would bet the farm on that.

To close, I think there are several who know who I am, But if not... K.L. That should be enough for all the Parents , Players and most of the Ranger Fans. So , If any of you don't like what I have said, tell me. Face To Face. I'll listen, and if you want more of my opinion i'll tell you, if not, I'll keep my mouth shut.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the problem for Unaka isnt ball hog selfish play or whatever it is no leader and that is what Rusty is trying to do and thats what he needs to keep doing.Can someone explain to me how a team goes from being a more calm and composed team to a wild and uncomposed team last year I seen a team that showed great composer goin into Hampton and winning and beating Cloudland at home but this year that certain leader isnt there was it Chris Arnold if not who was it ? I dont know who it was cause the only time I ever watched them play was against Hampton and Cloudland so i dont know but iI do know this.Rusty is doing what needed to be done along time ago establish a leader all teams need one now my post might not make since and i do hide behind my name so bash me or do whatever but i think it takes a true player to step up and lead a team.That what the rangers need i dont care if its cline rusty cody jones tyler rusty h i dont care but thats what they need.

singed KingofEngland

I see the problem for Unaka isnt ball hog selfish play or whatever it is no leader and that is what Rusty is trying to do and thats what he needs to keep doing.Can someone explain to me how a team goes from being a more calm and composed team to a wild and uncomposed team last year I seen a team that showed great composer goin into Hampton and winning and beating Cloudland at home but this year that certain leader isnt there was it Chris Arnold if not who was it ? I dont know who it was cause the only time I ever watched them play was against Hampton and Cloudland so i dont know but iI do know this.Rusty is doing what needed to be done along time ago establish a leader all teams need one now my post might not make since and i do hide behind my name so bash me or do whatever but i think it takes a true player to step up and lead a team.That what the rangers need i dont care if its cline rusty cody jones tyler rusty h i dont care but thats what they need.

singed KingofEngland

hmmm,singed?dont u mean signed?

I really think that jughead is from another school trying to start problems among our kids. Everyone that knows the Unaka Rangers boys knows that they are very close. We cannot let some unknown on here try to spoil what we have. Look at what the king, ucdaddy and others do with their fingers. Lets not give the idiots (sorry diggs I had to call them a name) the pleasure of this thread. They are probably sitting back in tears for laughing so hard. Let this blow over like the snow today and let The Rangers Kick butt all the way to the Boro.

"Unaka Rangers Statebound"

I saw Rusty Chambers time and time again, open for layups. Not because he wasn't playing defense, but because almost every running team releases a wingman when the defense rebounds.

Some good news: Tyler McCann has hung in there, and is finally reaping some of the rewards of working hard, and being patient. Tyler, you've been an inspiration to watch this season. Tyler had three baskets in the third quarter at Cloudland; all three the result the passing skills of Rusty Chambers.

The Big Guys: Yes, they're getting the ball. We had several turnovers and blocked shots underneath at Cloudland. Chambers had a dozen assists at Cloudland. Had some of the layups dropped in, he would have had at least another six. But they didn't. Some of them were blocked. Some of them were simply missed. Too much dribbling in the middle.

Rusty Chambers had a very tough fourth quarter. His dad said as much. I say as much. A great passing game...a below average shooting game. Some terrible shot selections in the final quarter.

I'm certainly not on here to toot the Chambers horn, either Tim's or Rusty's. But to imply that Rusty is a selfish player, and after watching all those outstanding passes...well, it's simply unfair. Unaka should have won the game, and Rusty is part of the reason they lost. He tried to do too much with the ball down the stretch.

The loss was collective; and one thing's for certain: if Unaka doesn't do a better job of sharing the ball, and completing plays underneath, then it will all end at Hancock High School. Oh, and they should play fourth quarter defense.

Although I hate to do it, I will agree with 3 things that have been stated in all of these posts on this thread because they are the only 3 things that have made any sense to me at all.

1) Tyler McCann has been a great inspiration to watch for the Rangers thus so far. He has worked his tail off improving and is finally getting the credit that is long deserved.

2) The people that have posted that they are glad they live in different places make out a great point. It's awful that our own people from our own Community bash each other and their skills. How about encouraging them to perfect these "so-called" mistakes instead of making them feel terrible about them.

3) Tournaments are all that matter, and yes before you ask I do love watching the Rangers perform. Nevertheless, Unaka did win the conference title, everybody has a clean record going into the "big dance".

I hope something that I have said has opened some of you negative peoples' eyes. This is just a forum board, not a life and death situation.

I posted that this was not an upset but I have to take that back. Unaka parents are very upset . Your team lost, accept it and don't blame individuals. It goes back to expectations. Unaka expects to go to the state tournament this year. Losing to Cloudland wasn't a tournament game. Unaka is a good team who is capable of making a state tournament run. This comes from a die hard Cloudland fan. Move on. Parents, if you can't take it if your team loses, don't go to the games. Grow up and be examples of what good sportsmanship can be. The kids from Unaka play hard and exhibit great sportsmanship on the court. Parents should take notes. Each time Unaka plays you see someone from Unaka post about the problems they need to workout. The only problem seems to be the parents. I don't know any of the Unaka players individually, but they deserve better than this. After all, it is just a game. Don't be responsible for hurting these kids for life. Give them a pat on the back for trying to represent your Community the best they can. These young men a fine examples. Good luck to the Rangers and all the County teams. Especially the Landers.