Region 5 Seeding Criteria

THIS MAY/WILL CHANGE TOMMORROW

Head to Head

Common Opponent

State Placer

State Qualifier

Tournament Wins

Record

Like I said earlier this might change tommorrow during the meeting. That all depends on the other coaches and their willingness to agree on criteria.

Coach Miller

Tullahoma High School

A curiosity question: Why "may/will change tomorrow"? Are criteria not honored from season to season? Should criteria that need amending not be amended a year in advance? A danger in amending during the seeding meeting of the current tournament is that the amendment may be presented, argued, and adjusted just to favor a particular circumstance.

Advice: If the order is felt to need tweeking, live with it for the current tournament, then put it into effect for next year. That way you insure that the system is not being manipulated just to give advantage to a given wrester's or given wrestlers' circumstance(s) this season.

Thank you for the advice. This is the current criteria that we have used in years past, so I posted it this morning. I stated that this may/will change during the meeting because I do not have that criteria sitting infront of me as we speak, so I didn't want to post something and have viewers believe that the criteria is in stone. I did not intend to open the floor to discussion on criteria, but rather just try to state the most obvious criteria.