DIV II Brackets Posted!

matfan

Can someone out there clear something up for me?

According to the information and the new entry (Johnson) at 103, this looks like the same scenario as the 119 bracket.

Johnson is in the same place as Young.

Hoang is in the same place as Simpson.

Adamson is in the same place as Giesmar.

Johnson beat Adamson and must be seeded ahead of him. But Johnson has not wrestled Hoang and according to the TSSAA you can not be seeded ahead of a medal winner you have not wrestled.

Johnson has not wrestled Hoang and therefore Hoang should go to #1 seed, Johnson #2 and Adamson #3.

Looks like to me they need to change the 103 bracket or change the 119 bracket.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone out there clear something up for me?

According to the information and the new entry (Johnson) at 103, this looks like the same scenario as the 119 bracket.

Johnson is in the same place as Young.

Hoang is in the same place as Simpson.

Adamson is in the same place as Giesmar.

Johnson beat Adamson and must be seeded ahead of him. But Johnson has not wrestled Hoang and according to the TSSAA you can not be seeded ahead of a medal winner you have not wrestled.

Johnson has not wrestled Hoang and therefore Hoang should go to #1 seed, Johnson #2 and Adamson #3.

Looks like to me they need to change the 103 bracket or change the 119 bracket.

The brackets now show Adamson as the #1 seed haung as the 2nd and Johnson as the 3rd. Johnson could not pass Haung because the did not wrestle.

I dont know what bracket you are looking at 103 karelin. Johnson is not seeded above Hoang. He did not wrestle him so that is why he is 3rd. Adamson wrestle and beat Hoang, that is the reason he got the #1 seed. If you wrestle and beat a medalist you can be seeded in above him.

At 103, since Johnson did not wrestle Hoang(only returning medalist), he cannot be seeded-BUT HE IS!!!!

Karelin, are you saying that Johnson was seeded 3rd when he wasn't a medalist last year? Is your point that if you're not a medalist or have beaten a medalist then you can't be seeded?

If you start with the premise that a non-medalist cannot be seeded in the state tournament ahead of a returning medalist unless the two wrestlers met head-to- head during the season and the non-medalist beat the medalist, then the 103 seeding is in conformity with the TSSAA's seeding guidelines. Adamson must be seeded ahead of Hoang (even though Hoang is a returning medalist) because Adamson beat him during their last regular-season match. Johnson must be seeded behind Hoang (even though Johnson has beaten Adamson) because Hoang is a returning medalilst, and Johnson did not face him head-to-head during the season.