Lady Rebs take down heritage

scbballfreak

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad somebody verified, from what rebelron says it was all lady rebs. Way to go on a huge upset, and a very big win. Of course this means the bearettes won like there 6th consecutive district title. They were tied with Heritage with one loss a piece, but now Heritage has 2.

Go Bearettes!

Edited by scbballfreak

5 seconds was taken off the clock when a jump ball occurred and about 8 people protested and now ther person in charge of the clock at Maryville doesn't get to do it anymore. Why do you always notice the bad things about Heritage about how the coach sticks his starters back in with 5 seconds left to get off a three and what they did at Sevier County and now Maryville? Why don't you all mind your own business and watch the game! ;)

Two different occasions in the game additional seconds ran off the clock when it should have been stopped. And, Heritage got an extremely bad call that should have been a charge on Maryville, but was called a block. That gave Maryville free throws to put the game on ice and also fouled out McInnis. This is not an excuse, mind you, but that is what had Coach Howard very upset at the end of the game. Heritage, again, did not have anybody to step up in this game. And, a group of good players will beat one awesome player every time.

oold and hhs... you were both right. A very excited timekeeper played a very important role in that game. And the block...it was a great play by McGinnis. I think she worked and stepped up...pitiful call by the ref. That was the game. Congrats to Heritage for a great defense that put them back into the game. That kind of heart will help them at playoff time. I was impressed how they did not quit like some others teams have. When you play Heritage, come to play a full game.

I don't know if anyone else was watching after the game, but it appeared that Heritage's coach (can't remember his name) brushed off Coach Bledsoe of Maryville, not shaking her hand, and instead ran to the scorer's table to fuss about something.

Anyone know what he was upset about?

Burke,

You must need to get your eyes checked. Coach Howard shook hands with the whole Maryville team and the head coach after the game. He then went to the scorers table and spoke to the clock keeper with a whole lot of energy - indicating his displeasure with the poor job of clock operation. The man that ran the clock should have let the referee know that several seconds ran off when it should have been stopped. It was a poorly officiated game for both teams but Heritage had 7 fouls called against them down the stretch in the 4th Quarter and only 1 against Maryville. I don't usually complain about the officiating but that last call against McGinnis was a charge but the big sorry referee didn't have the guts to make the call.

Its a shame that people use a forum like this to spread bad information about a team or coach. Just make sure you report accurately when you comment on on a player or coach. If you are not sure on what happened don't say something negative - remember the players and coaches are someones son or daughter and all deserve the benefit of the doubt.

No dog in this fight ... except I think very highly of Coach Bledsoe and several of her players, but ...

I was up at Maryville earlier in the year for the South Doyle game and I noticed in that game on at least two occasions, the clock was allowed to run longer than it should have. It this particular circumstance, I felt like it was actually working against Maryville.

How do you rectify this situation? Who is ultimately responsible? I mean, of course , the clock operator is responsible for stopping and starting the clock at the right time, but if he/she fails to do so and it is obvious, with three referees, shouldn't one of them notice it and do something? Can the "official clock operator" be overruled by one of the actual game officials?