Post-season Tournaments

enfuego

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was a big problem for me as well. I coached high school only last year and was then approached to start this middle school program. I ended up with over twenty kids ranging from kindergarten to eigth grade on my team. I found it very hard to run an efficient practice with that many first year wrestlers with such a big age range. Not to mention that we only had a third of a mat to practice on but I had a lot do very well and really get passionate about it so we are doing well and looking forward to next year. But having to deal with such an age range is quite difficult. I share the pain CB133.

I'm not sure how NHSCA works, but I have a feeling that the Bolton tournament will be pretty relaxed. It probably wouldn't matter.

Our tournament is very relaxed. You can definitly wrestle and coach.

I forgot to mention that singlets are required by NHSCA but it can not be a school singlet. Last year a few people wore their school singlets inside-out. If you just can't get a singlet we at Bolton will let you wrestle in your tee-shirt and shorts, however they will be required at VA.

My husband says you do NOT have to have a coaches card for Bolton's tournament. At VA you do have to get a coaches wristband or card(something) to go on the floor with the boys. You just get in the coaches line at registration/weigh-ins.

Last year we had some dads get out on the mat. It was great and very encouraging for the boys to see dads out there. One dad had to quite one match away from first place, because he was wore out. But he enjoyed gettting out there. My husband was the champ at 184. Funny story, you'll have to ask me in person.

Wrestlemom,

In the past what has been the age range/number of participants for the open division. I am trying to decide wether I should try and pick up my training for this event or hold off a return to competition for a while longer. One way or the other I am pretty sure I have some middle and lower school kids coming. Thanks for the info.

Edited by WrestleSBA