Tyner "Lady Rams" vs. Bledsoe Co.

TynerRamFan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Plumkiwi.

Some of the people in 5AA are in for a big surprize come region time. 6AA has been very VERY competitive this year, spurring some close games among the top teams.

As for Tyner in the region, they are a tough team to prepare for. And until you've played them its hard to get an edge on what to do. Maybe this is why Bledsoe and Grundy lost to them the first time and won against them next time.

I would love to see some big upsets in the region tournament from the 6AA teams. I don't believe McMinn Central and Walker Valley are as set in finals as some of you may think.

The Region is at Chattanooga State. It's locked in. Make your plans. Buy your tickets. Get your pom-poms out. Buy your popcorn. Paint your face. Run naked through the bleachers.  :)  The region is at Chattanooga State.

Del.

I understand the region was scheduled for Jasper, but moved because the gym is too small. If that's the case, why schedule it there in the first place? That gives Chattanooga the region the last two years it's been in 6-AA, when I was told it rotate between the valley (including Grundy) and Chattanooga whenever 6-AA was the host. Was also told it was considered to move it to Dunlap but Jasper wouldn't accept. This has nothing to do with gaining homecourt advantage, either, since the boys and girls here will have to upset teams to make the region at all.

NO sorry Indian but Marion County had nothing to do with where the region will be played-----If we had a voice, it would be at Marion :D

Edited by Russ

It's true, the 6AA was very competitive this season. The difference is, they have a "very competitive" distrist, but compared to McMinn Central Chargerettes, Walker Valley Lady Mustangs, Tellico Plains Lady Bears, Meigs County Lady Tigers, and Polk County Wildkittens (not even worth mentioning the teams from Sweetwater and Sequoyah), 6AA don't hold a candle.

My prediction (no, I didn't hear anyone ask) is:

Final four in the region

1.) Walker Valley

2.) McMinn Central

3.) Tellico Plains

4.) Meigs County

Of course, the top two are the only ones that really matter anyway.

district 5aa.....1. mcminn, 2. Walker Valley, 3. tellico, 4. Sequoyah

district 6aa....1. bledsoe, 2. tyner, 3. grundy, 4. Howard

district 5aa is better this year, with the addition of the tyner lady rams, some fo the valley teams had to actually work to defeat a team from the city.....

as far as competing with 6aa, we will see....mcminn and walker v are in a class of their own...the other two are tough too....district 6aa has yet to win a region game against 5aa, but they have been close every year....especially grundy and bledsoe..so this year, maybe one of these three will hvae a great shot at getting to the semi's...

Upsets are indeed possible, but let me stress that I am making "predictions". I have made a few before. Some were right , some were wrong. But I have never seen two teams not play their game because of one of my predictions. They will play the region finals despite me. And when they play, I "predict" the two teams involved will be McMinn Central and Walker Valley.