Tyner "Lady Rams" vs. Bledsoe Co.

TynerRamFan

All eyes and ears will focus on Pikeville on Thursday, Feb. 19th. However, before either team gets too pre-occupied with each other, both must win on Tuesday night(17th) against Marion Co. and E. Ridge, respectively. Currently both teams own a District Record of 12-1 and barring any meltdowns in the final week of the Regular Season, both should enter Thursday night at 13-1.

The Lady Warriors seem to have a slight edge due to the game being played in Pikeville and also owning two(2) wins over (projected 3rd-seeded) Grundy County. (Not to mention being the 2003 Defending Champs).

Statistically, both teams almost mirror each other on offense and defense(when your compare the 13 District games played). Bledsoe(19-7) averages 58.5 points per game and give up 39.6 while the "Lady Rams"(23-2) average 61.7 and defensively give up 33.9 .

I predict the game will be a close one but the loss to Grundy this past Tuesday was just the medicine the "Lady Rams" needed to re-focus on the Regular Season title and the Top-Seed in the District Tournament in Jasper.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistically, both teams almost mirror each other on offense and defense(when your compare the 13 District games played). Bledsoe(19-7) averages 58.5 points per game and give up 39.6 while the "Lady Rams"(23-2) average 61.7 and defensively give up 33.9 .

After looking at the replies, I decided to add a different twist to this most important game:

Offense- Slight edge to Bledsoe. Even though average against the District opponents is maginally lower, I give them the nod due to the starting four or five have played together longer.

Defense-Edge goes to the Lady Rams. Basing this category on the last time these two teams met and BC's leading scorer was held to three(3) points. I realize no two games are ever played the same, however, looking at the average margin and previous score(68-56) hence my conclusion.

Bench Strength- Again the edge goes to the Lady Rams. The back-up small forward(sophomore) was pressed into the starting role and hit a career-high 19 points the last time these two met. The starting senior forward has since returned to the line-up making the rotation even stronger.

Coaching- Even. With both teams having only one(1) District loss, at this point I would have to keep it even.

Intangibles- Edge to the Lady "Warriors". This would include home court advantage!!!

I could rate the categories of "team speed", "3-point shooting", etc. but they would be a by-product of the categories already mentioned.

So this is my take on the game and needless to say: I can't wait until tip-off!!!!!!!