Who is the BEST TEAM in the STATE?

John Bonham

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if i was ya'll i wouldn't talk about the Tennessean being a joke, your picks for the top five leave alot to be desired outside of Shelbyville.  You put <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a> over Shelbyville, when Shelbyville has already beaten them, you have no mention of Jackson County who has already beaten the team that beat <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a>, then you go on to list Brentwood, a team Jackson County and Livingston Academy have already beaten, David Lipscomb won't even get out of their regional tournament, and will be lucky to win a game in it, heck they have been beaten by Hume-Fogg, a team Jackson County beat by 30!  So if i was you i wouldn't talk about how bad the Tennessean is until you find out about girls basketball yourself! :D

Here is a more realistic top 5.

#1 Shelbyville (still the reigning champion in AAA and will repeat)

#2 Jackson County (4 time defending AA state champion and favorite to win it)

#3 Livingston Academy

#4 Gibson County

#5 Seymour/Sevier County tie

Note:  Mt Juliet would have been listed but with the injury to Clark they will not be a threat to the upper echelon of AAA.

devilfanatic....We don't always see eye to eye, but your poll is BY FAR more realistic than the other polls in this thread.

you have jackson county at #2 after the beating they took tonight you have to drop them down. But the Brentwood info was incorrect. They have lost to Cleveland, Antioch, Franklin, and tonight to Riverdale!!

Considering the loss to the GREATEST TEAM EVER,

1. Shellbyville(NO ONE CAN BEAT THIS TEAM AS OF RIGHT NOW)

2. Gibson County(UNDEFEATED, NO GOLD BALLS THO)

3. Jackson County(REIGNING AA CHAMPS PAST 4 YEARS)

4. Livingston Acad. (EXCELLENT TEAM)

5. Seymore(DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT JUST HAD TO HAVE A #5)

Im sure there are some AAA and D2 schools that are really good but im goin by what ive saw and heard on here, and there are prolly some A schools that could compete with 2-5

Edited by hillado14

Considering the loss to the GREATEST TEAM EVER,

1. Shellbyville(NO ONE CAN BEAT THIS TEAM AS OF RIGHT NOW)

2. Gibson County(UNDEFEATED, NO GOLD BALLS THO)

3. Jackson County(REIGNING AA CHAMPS PAST 4 YEARS)

4. Livingston Acad. (EXCELLENT TEAM)

5. Seymore(DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT JUST HAD TO HAVE A #5)

Im sure there are some AAA and D2 schools that are really good but im goin by what ive saw and heard on here, and there are prolly some A schools that could compete with 2-5

You have no idea what you are talking about. And how can you put LA over SC considering SC beat them by 27 pts. or something like that.

I'm not a big girls basketball fan, so I was wondering what ya'll thought.  I read the Tennessean poll, but the Tennessean is the wosrt joke of a newspaper I have ever seen!  Their sports writers are write the useless information in it.

1.  ?

2.  ?

3.  ?

4.  ?

5.  ?

Bonham,

Your the MAN!!! I have always thought that the Tennessean was a bunch of garbage!! Here is my TOP FIVE:

1. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a>

2. David Lipscomb

3. Mt. Juliet

4. Brentwood

5. Cheatham County

This is BASKETBALL, not any other sport?