Brentwood High Boys

sportsfanman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a TEAM game not an individual game. The entire team wins and loses not one player. If a player broke the rules then he let his team down and the TEAM will have to deal with it. As far as picking up an extra game, what kind of leadership is that coach showing? Just so that they will have this player for the first round of the district tournament. Some one has their priorities messed up! Shouldn't a coach also be teaching these kids about life as well as basketball. By adding another meaningless game, that just shows the kids that it is okay to break the rules because someone will be there to fix it for you. And that just isn't true. And by the way LIFE isn't always fair!

Um, they're serving their penalty. He isn't refusing to suspend them two games. Suppose you get pulled over for speeding, you go to court over it and the judge reduces the fine to court costs or something along those lines...would you refuse it?

Sure, life isn't fair. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it moreso.

Someone needs to check with the TSSAA about this scheduling a new game. In past years, I have heard of teams doing this prior to tourney time in soccer, and it was ruled that a game not on the schedule prior to the suspensions, did not take care of the suspension.

I too think it's bush league to pull a stunt like this if it is true.

More improtantly, was it going on at Brentwood this year, is the Ravenwood factor affecting the Bruins.

Seems like Franklin is dominating the Bruins this year, Football - 2 wins against the Bruins, Basketball - 2 wins vs the Bruins, Wrestling - Total Domination......

Could there be building frustration in a once proud Athletic Machine?

Edited by faninthestand

There is definitely frustration on the team. This is a team that was picked in pre-season to win the district. The coaching has not helped. After the Antioch game at the first of the season, with the football players having about a week of practice, Coach Hatley tells the team that they are wasting his time and they wouldn't have practice the next day. Then at half-time of the first Overton game he tells the team the game is lost and they might as well use the second half to practice for the next night's game. With that kind of support from the coach you can't expect anything but frustration.

Ian should never have been ejected from the Overton game and would not have been if the Overton player had not gone beserk. He should have received a technical but not been ejected. The two had been pushing and shoving all night to get position under the basket and towards the end of the game they were running down court when the Overton player put both hands in Ian's back and shoved him, when he did Ian while still running down court, came back with his hand and caught the player in the face and the kid went off. He started trying to get at Ian. It took a coach and two players to get him to the side and when they did the player started kicking chairs and going for Ian again. Mean while Ian was standing next to Coach Hatley and never said a word. The refs ejected the kid from Overton because of his behavior and apparently thought it only fair to eject Ian, too. If the kid from Overton had not over re-acted there would have been a double technical and that would have been it.

Thomas on the other hand shoud have been ejected. He took a cheap shot and paid for it and then acted like a spoiled brat and got what he was asking for.

Mother1, I hate to dissapoint you but if he "came back with his hand and caught the player in the face" as you put it, that constitutes as a punch, which is probably what the referee(s) saw and judged. I'm sure if they saw the whole play, the Overton kid was ejected for either the first shove, which caused the rucus, or for the going off part.

I take it you saw the shot that Welch did Saturday night against Ravenwood. I heard it was very cheap and he thought he was innocent. I was also told he did it in front of a referee, supposedly a veteran official, and then created an ugly scene afterward. Is that what you were talking about?

I am sure that Brentwood was embarassed because a bunch of sophmores from Ravenwood spanked that tail. This behavior seems to be the trend this year at Brentwood High. I remember at the end of the first Ravenwood game, Van Horne received a technical for a cheap shot. Seems to me to be an attitude problem

By the way, if Welch is your QB next year, Good Luck. To watch a kid act that way out there on the basketball court, I am afraid to see how he is going to lead a team in football next year.

This all begs the question -- What has the school administration done to / with the coach's for what apparently is becoming the trademark for this years band of bruin roundballers.

The kids are wrong, the coaches are wrong, and if the administration is looking the other way, they are guilty as well.

It would be a shame to see this behavior continue into the tournament, in what has become a very entertaining district without the sideshow.

Also, if a clarification comes in after the first round of playoff games that the inserted game to expunge the suspensions was inappropriate, could another Brentwood team be disqualified from the district tourny this year? (Volleyball)

It doesn't matter if Brentwood has all it's players, they're still going to lose becaue they're no good this year.

Let's see Franklin beat them in:

FOOTBALL

G. SOCCER

SWIMMING

BASKETBALL

BOWLING

VOLLEYBALL

What's up B'wood?

GO REBELS!!! #1!GOOD LUCK IN THE DISTRICT TOURNEY!!!!!!!

Edited by bballbabe24

Mother1, I hate to dissapoint you but if he "came back with his hand and caught the player in the face" as you put it, that constitutes as a punch, which is probably what the referee(s) saw and judged. I'm sure if they saw the whole play, the Overton kid was ejected for either the first shove, which caused the rucus, or for the going off part.

I take it you saw the shot that Welch did Saturday night against Ravenwood. I heard it was very cheap and he thought he was innocent. I was also told he did it in front of a referee, supposedly a veteran official, and then created an ugly scene afterward. Is that what you were talking about?

What Ian did could not have been interpretd as a punch anymore than when a person pushes off and accidently catches somebody in the face, and I still say if the Overton kid had not gone ballistic at most the only thing that would have happened would have been a double technical.

Yes, Thomas, started cussing the officials after he took a cheap shot and they threw him out of the game.

As for the person that said Ian took a cheap shot at the Ravenwood game, you must not have seen what I saw. He was wrong to do what he did, but all he did was bump chests with Nash. I don't consider that a cheap shot, a stupid move on his part and he deserved a technical, but it wasn't a cheap shot.

Once again, most of what has been happening is due to immense frustation. This has been one of the most disappointing years I have ever seen for Brentwood Basketball. They should have close to twenty wins and they won't even break even unless they turn things completely around in the tournaments.

I am not taking up for Brentwood , but Ravenwood is the cheap shot team of the league. They put Hillwood's best player out with a cheap intentional foul and he, from what I have heard is not back to normal yet. Let's get real - Ravenwood probably caused it, but Brentwood got caught. Everyone knows Ravenwood is the dirtiest team in the league! Ask the coaches of the opposing teams. :justwrestle: