Division 1 Finalists/Predictions

SPED

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at 160 you have to go with either Jenkins or Adcox to face Gibson in the finals because of the way the brackets fell.

Jenkins has only lost four matches over the last 2 years with his only losses to State Medalists. Last year at 152 He lost to Josh Bennett in overtime 5-3 (Ironic that his only loss this year happened at the same place)at the Hillwood Tournament.At the State Tournament last year he lost to Dustin Catlett 6-1 and again to Josh Bennett 4-1.

This year his only loss was in the finals at Hillwood to Josh Johnson, (Jenkins beat Johnson @ Harpeth and in the region 6 finals.) He had the flu and did not wrestle in the finals at McGavock against Jake Graham

From what I've heard Adcox is pretty darn good as well( I've never seen him wrestle)

If Jake Graham or Nate williams were in the bottom half of the bracket and Adcox and Jenkins were in the top, I would say Gibson vs. one of those guys But it will definately be Gibson vs. someone.

rumor is that B.J. Sullivan is out with a head injury. i think Tanner Johnson from Bradley will be in the finals at 103 against Puckett. I dont think the Cordell-Ibrahim match will be close, with cordell possibly majoring Ari. 112 will be a good weight class to watch with both Ortiz and Coleman getting upset in their respective region finals.

I don't think Johnson will make it to the finals. He's got tough matches every round. Kent Johnson is one of the best 4th place finishers in the tournament. He lost to Tayar 6-3 at the duals. Tanner will have these two in the first two rounds. If he makes it past that, he'll have a very tough match with Rudas or Williams. This is a very tough streak of matches.

my predictions are...

103-puckett(gibbs)over shelton(kw)

112-tinsley(bc)over ortiz(frk)

119-cordell(bc)over ibriham(ov)

125-james(sd)over mcgrew(d. boone)

130-west(bc)over talley(s. doyle)

135-lane(sd)over insminger(bc)

140-dix(farr)over konz(frk)

145-davis(frk)over sanders(mont. cen)

152-bornerman(hou)over cody(sh)

160-Gidbson(bc)over valdez(tn)

171-blackmon(bc)over weakly(clk)

189-campbell(sd)over cooper(bc)

215-brooks(dc)over gaddie(riv)

275-schnell(sh)over grady(bc)

It sounds like good predictions, but there is one guy I would like you to watch in 145. Craig Potter from Soddy. He quicks and strong. He may be a cheerleader but hes a heck of a wrestler, I may even go as far to say he beat sanders this year at Brentwood maybe. I maybe wrong on him winning dont quote me on that one.

Region 6 has a few people who could surprise the big boys. The FRA 275, Valentine from lip. @ 171, Jennings 130 and Hayes 215 from Overton, martin of maplewood 103 &112, Randolph 140 hillsboro, and dont forget the region 6 OW and wrestler of the year ARI IBRAHIM it may be a surprise to you or an upset but he will be there and I would say that he has a good chance to win it all. Look out for the Bobcats of the future (7 returning qualifiers). Good luck to all region 6 wrestlers.