Division 1 Finalists/Predictions

SPED

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switch: I just looked at the brackets, Tinsley and Ortiz are on the same side of the brackets as is Nic Bundy. I think that the 112 weight class is going to boil down to just who has the most heart and desire. Ortiz, Tinslely, Bundy, Pair, and Coleman are all top notch wrestlers and will be sure to fight every second of the match. This is going to be the most exciting weight class in my opinion.

in response to Ibrahim not being active in neutral. he is one of the states best in that position. The only reason that he lost to Fuller was that Fuller stayed away from contact the whole match. Yes, Ibrahim did make a mistake, but Fuller masde no attempts at takedowns. he did not get called for stalling, and for some reason, they never do against Ari. He pushes too hard in neutral and never sees the benefit of a stall call. it has been happening all year to him.

Unfortunately, he won;t get to see Fuller again, because Fuller would have to beat Cordell to get to the finals.

I would like you to watch in 145. Craig Potter from Soddy. He quicks and strong. He may be a cheerleader but hes a heck of a wrestler, I may even go as far to say he beat sanders this year at Brentwood maybe. I maybe wrong on him winning dont quote me on that one.

Sanders was in control and looking to win the match until he stood up with Potter and slammed or dropped him to the mat. Mara correctly penalized Sanders one point (score 6-6), Potter looked hurt or the wind was knocked out of him. But, when he recovered with about one minute remaining, Potter became fierce & took two deep shots for two "Sanders like" double-leg takedowns and won 10-6 using Sanders' own game against him.

Great match, but unfortunately Potter went home and left Bond Davis unchallenged for the finals in that Tournament.

This should be another interesting grudge match should Potter get by Bond. I don't see that though. I see Sanders and Davis in the finals as seeded.

soms

I agree with most of your predictions except a few. Rudas will not make it to the finals, someone will upset him. I don't know who will do it, but he will be upset along the way. coleman over Ortiz. Ibrahim over Cordell. Holliman over West.

HAyes of Overton will be in the finals at 215 and will beat Inman of Smyrna.

Didn't Inman beat Hayes of Overton ealier in the year? I think Inman has only lost to the Dickson Co. kid and the Gann kid from Wilson Central...(From what I heard, Inman was in charge this whole match and would have won, but made one slight mistake)

This is what I think.

TEAMS

1 Bradley Central

2 Soddy Daisy

3 Cleveland

4 Franklin

INDIVIDUALS (1st Place)

103- Puckett

112- Ortiz, Tinsley, Paer or Coleman ( I think all could win )

119- Cordell

125- James

130- West

135- Lane

140- Dix

145- Davis

152- Borneman

160- Gibson

171- Blackman

189- Campbell

215- Bailey

275- Schnell