Division 1 Finalists/Predictions

SPED

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gessler (Tullahoma) will give Ty Cody (Science Hill) all he wants in the semi-finals. Who knows maybe we will have a re-match between Borneman (Houston) and Gessler (Tullahoma).

Others to watch in 152

Johnson (Rossview)

Ross (Brentwood)

Chism (Bartlett)

Hebda (Clarksville)

Espinoza (Kenwood)

Spain (Bradley Central)

I think Turner (Farragut) is very over-rated and will not fair well in the tournament.

I guess you thought wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you saw of Chad Turner at the Father Ryan Tour was a young man who had just returned after sitting out for 3 weeks and was injured. I guess the State proved who was overrated. After he was beat by Gessler at Father Ryan he said he would not loose another match. He was almost right. Ty Cody wasn't made for a kid with a great double leg take down. He lost to him as a Sophomore in the State.

Not bad for a kid who sat out his Junior year with a back desease. I guess you didn't check with the coaches/kids or parents from Dobyns Bennett, Baylor, McCallie or other areas he has wrestled in. They would all have told you he a great kidd with a big heart and attacks, attacks and Wins.

To make a statement that Chad Turner is overated is classless.He showed great work on his feet and if the kid from Houston was so great then even a sick kid can play defense. Borneman did not look that sick to me,just out manned on his feet. Ty cody is a fine wrestler but if he does not hit that head throw that match could have been close. Do not take anything away from Chad Turners accomplishment please. I am sur the Farragut coaches are going to miss Chad next year as he is a fine competitor and any wrestling room needs people of his character.

Turner may be 152 runner-up but he was/is over-rated. I will give Chad credit he had a great tournament and wrestled very well when he had to, but the few times I saw him this season he didn't looked very sound. He beat Borneman in a match where I saw Luke puke 2-3 times and didn't look his best. Chad also is majored in the finals by Cody (Science Hill) who in my opinion is a great kid and a better wrestler. Regardless what you might think Mountain he is not deserving of his runner-up crown, but he got the medal and thats what counts. I will say Farragut had a great tournament this year, and I am glad to see Dix win it after seeing him work so hard for so many years.

How can you make such a dumm remark? Chad had 2 pins, 2 major's and said that Boreman was backing up after the 1st 30 seconds. We all new Chad could beat Boreman and Gessler. We new Cody would give him a problem because of thier styles. Steve Mckinney was Chads old partner at DB and he predicted Chad would win! Pretty cheap talk from a guy who dosn't know the facts. By the way. He beat Boreman wearing his Dads wrestling shoes from 1977. Also, he had the Flu during the State. He was man enough not to puke and use it to rest.

Edited by rigger101

Turner may be 152 runner-up but he was/is over-rated. I will give Chad credit he had a great tournament and wrestled very well when he had to, but the few times I saw him this season he didn't looked very sound. He beat Borneman in a match where I saw Luke puke 2-3 times and didn't look his best. Chad also is majored in the finals by Cody (Science Hill) who in my opinion is a great kid and a better wrestler. Regardless what you might think Mountain he is not deserving of his runner-up crown, but he got the medal and thats what counts. I will say Farragut had a great tournament this year, and I am glad to see Dix win it after seeing him work so hard for so many years.

Also, ask the kids he beat! Only kids to beat him over the years are all former State Champions. He placed second in his region as a sophmore and ran into Ty second round. He wins the old fassion way. He takes them down and turns them over. It's not pretty but it helped us take 4th in the State.

Don't forget Gessler lost 12-5 to Ty. Not far from a major. Chad completes the take down's different State Champion. Chad attacked the whole match like he always does. The Fans of Region 2 respect his style and heart. To bad you could not see that. If you noticed during the Boreman/Turner match, the Baylor parents were cheering for Chad. He started out at the UTC arena wrestling and finished it there. He's a young man who has moved 4 times since 1999. Had his father called back to active duty and sent overseas for a year because of the events of 9-11. He has been a part of Three State Championships in Cross-Country, Soccer and now wrestling. All his coaches through out the State because of his aggressive work ethic and heart have respected him. He didn't want to wrestle this year but came out to help the team. If he would have been able to wrestle last year it would have been scary for your boys. Remember the only young men he lost to, were all standing on the platform. And those losses came his first 3 weeks getting back into shape. Be nice and give the boy his due.

I wasn't surprised at all to see Chad there. I'v liked him since the first time I watched him wrestle as a freshman. He's physical and gutty, exactly my kind of kid. Folks can speculate all they want. He was there and nobody can take that away.

Thanks Coach. Your a class act! It's reflected in the way your parents and young men Act !!!! Since we have been through 4 coaches in 5 years, I think you can appreciate the way we feel about the accomblishments of our young men at Farrragut. By the way, if Chad had to loose to any body I'm glad it was Ty. He showed alott of heart and was a class act. I just wish he was a foot shorter. :o