Which part of the state has the best teams

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are good teams all over. I would say there are more good teams in the west. I am doing some guessing here but year in year out Bolivar, Haywood, Fayette Ware, Sside, and probably a 1/2 dozen from Memphis can play with any AA team in the state. From the east Knox AE comes to mind and the middle Marshall Cty recently Giles Cty, Portland, MLK, and 1 more usually from Chatt area.

We are in the Belmont camp every year so we play all the nashville teams mba, ba, Brentwood, and some others outside nashville like Gallatin and they were all good. But this last year we went to tennessee tech and played some eastern teams and they were all pretty bad. We also played in a xmas classic in Watertown in middle tn. i think and the teams there were awful.

B1 that comparison is not really fair. You are comparing private schools MBA, Father Ryan, NCS, Brentwood Acad mostly, @ Belmont, or AAA schools like Gallatin, Bartlett, Lipscomb to A schools like Watertown. That is like comparing Bolivar to Bradford. If you had played some of the better teams and larger teams that could change your mind. I have been to Blmont for years and am always impressed with the teams that are there, for the most part. I also think Tech has 2 or 3 weeks of camps and it seems if I remeber right, some of the better teams came when you guys were @ McKenzie or Belmont. I think the strongest camp I have been to is @ Murray State. It is usually loaded with many international teams and teams from several states.

I think that to some level the talent in Upper East Tn isn't what it used to be. Pigeon Forge in AA has the size and the shooters, But seems to be missing something. In AAA I have to go with the Chattanooga area teams, Bradley Central, Cleveland. Memphis area schools are always competitive too. But year in year out Mid TN seems to be right there in just about all classifications. I think the level depends a lot on where the best teams are and I think that there is ample argument for each region in all classes. I guess we will have to wait til the big dance in March to get the best answer.

Good Luck to all teams in their respected district, region and substate quests to make it to MTSU