What Will Happen @112 in DI State?

Greenvillefan

Yeah actually Josh wrestled one of my kids, Taylor Wynn (2nd place) at Blalck Horse. It was hard to watch him lose to my kid when I knew his shoulder was hurting him but what was I supposed to do? I still love the kid. I am sorry to hear his surgery was so complicated but I am glad it is over with and he is back in class.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks to everyone for being concerned about my son, Josh. He was a good wrestler. I'm so sad he missed most of his senior yr. He was injured at black horse by a wrestler that told him before the match even started that he was going to break his arm....almost did, but instead streatched out the labrum tendon and tore rotater cuff. He is doing ok stil in pain..please remember him in your prayers. He would have went to state this yr. It makes me very sad :lol:

So he kept wrestling after BlackHorse? When did he stop because of his injury?

Josh wrestled a few matches after Black Horse. He wrestled at the Dickson Co. Tournament, took 2nd. Around that time (right about Christmas) he had to stop and underwent physical therapy. He was able to come back and wreslte Bartlett (he pinned 2:17) and then Germentown he was reinjured. Most likely he had these injuries the whole time and was not letting on as to the pain he was in for the love of wrestling. He has been out since the Germantown match on Jan. 15. One bad part is that he was trying his hardest to recover for our home tournament, Wildcat. The Dr. told him he could wreslte one match a day and ice before and after then he would be able to wreslte in our tourn. He was taken out 2 days before Wildcat.

interesting weight class...like many this year. having watched most of these young men wrestle and looking at some of the back and forth matches, i am going to go ahead and make a prediction:

coleman > bundy > ortiz

possible match up for finals with bundy and coleman. stirring up some good competition...nothing better.

fat man

I'm sorry I forget to mention that after he was hurt that he went to the dr. and was released to start wrestling again. At Dickson Co he pinned his way to the finals and during that match his shoulder starting hurting again. He only wrestled a couple of times after that. Im not sure what his record is but I will ask him.

We are very proud of him. He is taking this pretty hard, especially now that state is going on and we know he would have been there. He had a great yr. last yr. I'm bragging a little but he was never pinned all last yr and was never pinned this yr. He hopes to help coach next yr. He loves wrestling and he did work with the youth wrestling this past fall. I just hate that his senior yr turned out this way.

i think its going to come down to whos been there before...and thats Coleman,Tinsley,and Ortiz. but i think that Tinsley will come out on top...he beat Coleman for the first time last week end in the Region finals, and i think that now that Tinsley knows he can beat him he will do it again...and he also has that "senior" motivation,he knows its his last chance to get what he's been working for,and thats a state tilte.

Ortiz is a good wrestler but i think that he will have trouble with Tinsley just because Tinsley is going to go all out, its do or die time for him...he's been in the finals,got a taste of what its like and doesnt want anything lees than 1ST place.

Coleman on the othewr hand could beat Tinsley,he's done it plenty of times before and knows how he wrestles, in some ways he has the upper hand,but Tinsley beating him last week will have a lot to do w/ how he wrestles.