Sweetwater

Cats on da Prowl

Yes a 3-1 loss for sweetwater isnt that bad, but i must add that after sweetwater got up 1-0, SOPHOMORE, david varn scored, who had just been brought up from varsity, and then he later got an assist, so you cant call a team good, if they get beat 3-1 and 2 of the goals were based around plays by a kid whose not even an everyday varsity player. And also sweetwater is a buncha dirty mexicans, i have never seen a kid get delibartly spit on in the face, but i did last year in this game, when some dirty sweetwater mexican spit straight into one of our players face, but mums cause they got owned anyway, wish we could play them this year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetwater will be decent as always, nothing great. Bivens is not the superstar people think he is, he cuts to his right foot everytime. Take his right away and you take sweetwater out of the game. Sweetwater is a dirty, hard playing team, and that will be good enough to beat some big teams. They take pride in the intimidating style.

Sweetwater did have a rebuilding year last year and was very disappointed with the outcome and this year they are still struggling a little with very few subs. They have a good starting lineup but no one to give them a break. Right now they are still trying to get things together but are looking to have a pretty good year if things work out. They tied Oneida last weekend 3-3 in a scrimmage game and lost to Cleaveland 5-2. They still have a few things to work on before becoming a state-contending team but it could work out. Tha jamboree will be a chance to let people actually see how good teams are instead of people just talking and making them look good. It's a lot easier to talk then to actually play.

Ok, i play for Cleveland(David Reaves #10) and we beat them 5-2.. The only goals they scored on us was on our JV team. They are not a very strong team, but they do have a good work ethic. They try to play dirty, but that doesn't help them in the slightest bit. The Cleveland team is not that strong, but we can get some things working for us. I believe that Sweetwater will get better as the season progresses, but i don't believe they will have a chance to win district or too many games for that matter. Good Luck though.

Actually they did not tie Oneida in that scrimmage either. They lost 2-1 in two halves against the Indians, who are not at full strength until basketball season is over. They will have four players off the b-ball team who have an excellent opportunity to start. The other halve was played against reserves and the freshman 3rd team goalie, as a matter of fact, the freshman goalie played in the whole 2nd halve of the varsity scrimmage, which Sweetwater was able to score against. Sweetwater has some players that will allow them to compete in most matches, but I agree with darf, in that their depth is a little shaky. The physical nature of the scrimmage, was somewhat surprising, as Sweetwater was repeatedly cited for numerous card violations, including one red. They were a little "hot headed" and would be a little better served if they could keep their temper in check. Good scrimmage, cats, but be careful how you percieve the score, because Oneida is experimenting with various formations and is not at full strength. :lol:B)

Edited by kazam37

we did play 3 halves but they were 30 minutes long so technically it was like a real game. and u say that u were experimenting with your lineup. well...so were we and we had a lot of jv players playin due to injuries. i thought we were both evenly matched but i agree with our attitudes getting out of hand. but i think we will get over that. we need a lot of work and hopefully it will get better as the year goes on. but overall it was a good scrimmage.

Guest albert

i think the killer or saver for sweetwater is the mexicans they have. i know they like to be ''physical'' and aren't afraid to loudly express their opinions. they are good though.

• 2 weeks later...