A State-Bound Wrestler Gets Royally Screwed

sportsfan42

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is that if the TSSAA can bend their own rules for seeding purposes as it would seem then I think they can and should bend them for this kid. He earned his way in and deserves his chance. They would be robbing him of something he would cherish his entire life, a chance. Let's see them step up and do something right.

Well I can tell you from persona experience...it stinks. I should be wrestling tomorrow, but for some internal reasons that I had no control over, I am not wrestling my senior year at the state tournament. Just to maybe ease your suffering... I WAS a 7-year wrestler, 3x State Qualifier(not including this year), and Region Champion. I WOULD have been only the 2nd four time state qualifier in my school. It stinks, and I can't get the state medal I was planning on this year, but life goes on. I feel your pain.

this is Matt Miller, and well i agree with smyrna's coach. They should be able to bend the rules, because it is not my fault, and they did it last year to let us all compete. I guess since it is only one wrestler, they don't care, and that thing about chances, they don't look at it like that, it is a bunch of political bullsh-t, I did nothing wrong, the only thing i do differently than the other kids on my wrestling team that are eligible is drive to practice instead of walk from my last class. I cannot believe they will not let me wrestle, yes they sould punish the coach, but why didn't they punish Gary Rankin, he is the athletic director at riverdale. He should be making sure coach wells is sending in all the right papers. I guess he is not doing his job either. I think that is another political issue.

It just stinks because noone thought i would make it to state, so i wanted to prove myself and turn heads so i done better than i thought and got third in a respectable way, and i can't compete in the state tournoment. Do they not understand that, that is most of the kids goals in this sport is to compete in state tournoment.