7AA District Tourney

ShutupandPlay

Dekalb vs. York - York has struggled most of the year, but they got the best draw out of the 3 way tie at the bottom. Dekalb does not match up well with York, but if their guards get hot they could pull the upset. York was lucky they did not draw Jackson Co. or Cannon, who both pounded them down the stretch.

Smith Co. vs. Cannon Co. - Cannon County started off the year like they would go winless in the district, and then became one of the hardest teams to beat toward the end. Smith Co. has too much low post presence for them to handle, unless the guards for Cannon start the game off hot and force Smith to shoot from the outside, is Cannon Co's only shot at this one.

Jackson County vs. Livingston Academy - Jackson County beat LA the first meating, and lead the entire game the second meating till the start of the 4th quarter. If West plays, Jackson County will have a hard time, because he does not miss, without West Jackson County can win this one. Either way I think that Jackson County is glad they did not draw Smith Co, they have a good shot at this one.

Edited by bob77

Dekalb vs. York- I forsee this one being a tight one with either Stephens or Dillard being the difference.

Smith vs. Cannon- This is a matchup of two teams that come in playing pretty well, but cannon has no size to slow the Winklers down. Taylor is Cannon's chance to keep the game close.

Livingston vs. Jackson- This has probably the best chance for a upset consiering earlier results between them this year, but Livingston is clearly on paper. I think this one stays close till the fourth quarter.

Sleep, what do you think?

well....i'm gonna take Smith Co beating Cannon by 10....Smith has too much size this year....

next is York and Dekalb....York has proven to be a good tournament team but this year maybe the year they get upset....i say Dekalb in the upset by 5...

LA/JC....everyone cant wait for this matchup in the girls but this will also be a great game....if JC can keep West and Cates from playin they got a chance but LA is hot right now so i will go with them winning by 8...

Cannon Co. definitely has the potential to win against Smith Co. (Thanks to those above who have faith in us!). Taylor may have a hot hand, but he's also got a hot head. Any blow at his ego could hurt his game. Don't think we're a one-man team, though. It all doesn't revolve around him. As far as size goes, Cannon's Young is about 6'3" and we have a new transfer - 6'5" Murray (not saying he'll be playing much, though, being a new guy and all). Could be a pretty good game.

I'm pullin for York against DeKalb. I have no idea by how much, but if they'll come out and play like they can then they should win. Josh, hopefully, will shoot very well, and Derrick will dominate on the post. With their offense and some other offensive help and Duncan's defense and charges, they can win this game. Good luck, guys!!!