FULTON 69 LENOIR CITY 17

SportsFan98

I just saw the score on knoxpreps, and I was thinking it was a misprint.

What has happened to Lenoir City. The past 8 years they have had top teams, with a slight downfall these past two. Is LC that bad, or are they poorly coached or are the players too scared to play. I saw LC play in the summer and fall league, and it looked like they had a strong team, with plenty of size, now it sounds like a team with no fight and a team who just gave up....

If I was from LC I would be extremely embarrased with what has happened to your team. Is there an explanation for this. And just think next year LC will move up to AAA.

I bet you all are missing Coach Mitchell NOW....

Edited by SportsFan98

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsfan 98,

Yes, there is an explanation for this score. The panthers currently have five players suffering from the flu, 3 of which are starters and the other their 6th man. Lombardo, Cusick, and Eric Miller tried to play but were unable while Brad Miller didn't make the trip. This may not have cost them the game but considering they lost to Fulton @ LC by 2, it just might have had something to do with it. Also, the coach rested their other contributors, plus the fact Fulton played their top players for 3 entire quarters on senior night.

For your information LC will be AA next year. They will go AAA in the 05'-06' season.

What is your affiliation with LC? You seem to constantly bash them about one thing and another. If all you have time to do is bad mouth these kids then you need to find something else to pass your time. That's very classless to constantly downgrade those young men who are a great bunch of kids.

Theres no downgrading anyone here. If you dont like it then dont read it. Maybe if the players would start playing with heart and intensity they would be good. I have never questioned these players skill level. I have only questioned their killer instinct. Everyone in the district knows they have talent, we just havent seen it come out this year or last. I am glad LC had a excuse for their loss last night. It sure would of been embarrassing for LC and the district if they didnt.

Also, I have zero affiliation with LC, I am fan of the district, and I want to see all of the teams perform well, and to see a LC team who should be 2nd or 3rd in their district, and end up being last in the district is rediculous. When the LC players figure out they have no guts, then maybe they will play with a killer instinct and make a run in the district. We all know the talent is there...

PASTPANTHER- THE ISSUE IS NOT ALL ABOUT COACHING,AND NO ONE IS MISSING Mitchell, ESPECIALLY THE KIDS. HOW CAN ONE EXPECT SO MUCH WHEN A COACHING CHANGE WAS MADE RIGHT BEFORE SCHOOL STARTED. I DO NOT ENVY THE POSITION THAT THEIR NEW COACH IS IN. SOME OF IT MIGHT BE THE EXPECTATION THAT THE COACH HAS ALONG WITH THE KIDS NOT BEING ABLE TO BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES. THIS TEAM COULD BE A VERY DANGEROUS TEAM COME TOURNAMENT TIME. THAT IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. I'M NOT SAYING THAT IT IS O.K. TO LOSE DURING THE REGULAR SEASON, BUT EVERYONE STARTS OVER AFTER THE REGULAR SEASON. LOOK OUT FOR THE PANTHERS.BY THE WAY Carter, NICE RECORD.

as much as i didnt like coach Mitchell since he has left the LC team has went down hill. during the summer they were a tough team runned by power with big cusick and rainbows flying with brad miller. even though we are in the same district, as much as i hate to say it they should be one of the top if not the top team in the district. i know it has to be tough on the seniors down there. you all take it easy.

"NO ONE IS MISSING Mitchell"

Some LC folks are, but he was so unpopular in spite of his success that it's just an issue best left alone.

Some of the alums of the last 3-4 years who I've talked with are shaking their heads over the difference, too.

But it is absolutely correct that Coach Gray had a tough first year, not only getting a late start but having some personal and health problems that further reduced his time with the kids. I think he'll bring them around. Look for them to do better next year. Heck, they'd have to, I guess.

Most people dont dislike Mitchell, just ask the ones who played for him and has been out of school for a few years, i am around a few of them here in Ktown and they talk about it all the time. They have great respect for the man. It is the kids who are in school who dont like him, because he was tough and didnt listen to excuses. Also the parents of ball players didnt like him because he didnt listen to thier opinions, which no coach should.

Coach Mitchell is a great coach. He always has a team that plays great defense, and it appears that he studies the game a great deal, I dont know this on the first hand, but seeing him coach since he joined the high school coaching about 8 years ago, you can tell he knows his stuff.

Edited by SportsFan98

Mitchell pushes kids and he doesn't stroke egos...either players or parents egos. He's also very self-confident, which strikes some people as egotistical. And he didn't treat the middle-school stars like stars if they couldn't produce at the HS level, no matter who's kid they were. That all got a lot of peoples backs up. Yeah, I know, it ain't necessarily right, but it's so. Personally, I liked him and I thought he did a good job. But I'm an exception.

I'm not so sure about Scott Dorsett. I think he could be a good coach, but he doesn't have much experience. He's only been coaching four or five years, after getting hooked as a Volunteer assistant while his kid was in middle school (congrats too him on being 2nd team all-district, BTW).

Of course, Gray has been out of coaching for some time. I don't know why the choice was made as it was, but it was. Anyway, next year has to be better for the Panthers...if they can come up with some guards, that is.