twhoops

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks pedoc, all i've seen jgarrison do is whine about officiating...no team is lopsided do to calls...and no teams has a successful season due to calles either...if you wanna blame a game on a last second call then be my guest...but to dis someone's increadible success rankings and stories due to a couple games of officiating....then go cry to someone else cause that's pothetic. get over it and go play......let someone else worry about the calls.......i think you need to change your username to #1 whiner...lol

yes...coach ricker is the only coach to get kicked out of the state tournament, ladies classic, and 32 other times in his 20 year coaching career..........i'm sure the referees love him.

The only way South Greene could win the state is to have their Officials go with them.

I am predicting South Greene will come in first in the District after seeing the officiating so far in the tournament.

I am predicting South Greene to win Regions only because they have their officials at the same place.

After that they don't stand a chance against Seymour and who ever else is there.

That is an idiotic statement...the officials for the District and Region tourneys are from the same association (Morristown) that is used for everyone in District 2-AA except for Union County who uses the Knox/Ridge crews and they're some of the worst I've witnessed in a long time, especially the newer guys. And why UC gets to use them is a little bit on the odd side.

If Pigeon Forge thinks they're getting the shaft, which is about all the time, then maybe they should lead the charge to change the association that is used...I'm sure someone will go with you because it has been discussed.

Your players are talented and your record indicates that. As far as I'm concerned, this was the year y'all should have surpassed South Greene in the district race. Instead SG goes undefeated...I guess I over-estimated the Lady Tigers.

SG will win because PF will come in assuming it's already 8 on 5, which it isn't. I don't know of a single ref that has anything too nice to say about Larry Ricker...seeing as how he is one of the most vocal and sometimes most verbally abusive coaches in all of Tennessee. Getting tossed in the state tournament ought to tell you that.

Maybe Coach Johnson needs to pitch a fit or two and get tossed...then PF would get some calls that they think SG gets.

As for Seymour; they are the best of the AA teams in ET. Looks like Coach Moore does pretty good coaching not only the girls, but the boys as well. And he doesn't rant and rave. He does have the best post player in the state and that is always nice.

Seymour still has to go through the Oliver Springs Bobcats in this Region and that is easier said than done.

Behind arguably the best player int he state in Laura Hall, Oliver Springs can beat any team on any night behind a talented group of girls that have played in some huge games and a state tourney appereance in the last three years.

As OS knows Brooke Johnson well, Seymour should know Laura Hall very well and what she is capable of in some of her past region perfromances that were nothing short of phenomenal.

30 points 8 assists 10 steals 6 rebounds ( soph year) WIN

29 points ( 22 in the 4th quarter) 4 assists 4 rebounds CLose Loss

Should be a great region tourney and great game if OS and Seymour meet for the 3rd straight year.

Parents will be parents and say the officiating is bad and complain about getting shafted. But please dont carry out others remarks and turn the attention to a team thinking about this all the time. I know of no team in the state who concentrates on the officiating more than their game. As for Pigeon Forge's ladies, they do not complain about officiating as it is portrayed on here. They realize their loss at South Greene was because they missed free throws. Thats why they were in the gym next day shooting 200 free throws each. They did not blame it on Waddel and Tweed playing for 2 quarters with four fouls a piece or the fact that the refs were talking to the fans during halftime or the missed three ball call at the end of the half which on film it was blantantly obvious that the player was 4 inches behind the line but yet was given 2 points. The did not blame their Chucky Doak loss on officiating just the plain and simple fact that they did not come out ready to play. So let people say what they would like but dont bash a team who is in the gym every day working their butts off of crying of biased calling let the girls play for crying out loud!

eastbball, waddell got her fourth foul early in the fourth and tweed got her fourth foul mid-way through the fourth. after they both received their fourth, they really backed off on defense and played smart, less aggresive, but nonetheless, smart. the officials couldn't call a foul, they didn't have a chance. and yes pf missed free-throws, but South Greene only shot 60 percent. they also didn't have the services of their best shoot, best defender and 3 year starter brittany waddell