Ooltewah @ Rhea County

GradfromtheNest

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys i am as big of an Ooltewah fan as all of you, but the refs did not cost us that game. They didnt help any, but we screwed it up for ourselves. He made stupid mistakes in the 4th quarter and shot ourselves in the foot. The refs didnt have any control on the game, that is for sure, but to say that they costed Ooltewah the game is a little over the top. We should be held acountable for our own mistakes, even if Rhea County is a bunch of thugs

You are absolutely right. We can't help what the refs calls. It doesn't hep either to ply 3 games in one week. Not every game you are going to win, but the refs do need to call it both ways. Refs can't see everything and you can't have every call for your side. Now Rhea County is a good shooting team I'll give them that, but you cannot blame the game on he refs. Rhea county guys put their pants on the same way or ooltewah guys do. They don't hang them on a nail and jump into them. Ooltewah wasn't that lucky to lose the last two games of their season. Now guys (ooltewah) forget all that, it's this coming week and next week. Good luck and you are all in my pay :D ers.

Being from Middle Tn I rarely get down to the Chattanooga area to see games there. but I did see the Ootlewah and Cleveland game as well as the Rhea game last night. I will say Charles Little is a man against boys and that owls only can blame their own coaches and players for losing that game.Davis was held to almost nothing and the little point guard shot out the lights. The owls just choked plain and simple. As far as the Rhea game Ditto , I think the officials were terrible and did not help either team but the visiting team when (he) assessed a tec. on Cooper for looking at a player after he hit a free throw to seal the game.I understand one of the officials use to call games with the old coach from Ootlewah, Baker. The fans there were loud and behind the eagles , just as most fans are anywhere. Also i seen Rhea play Oakland and drilled them. Cleveland and Rhea are very good and physical teams and deserve to win the games they have won. It seems Ootlewah is very disappointed in their team which is very overrated with no college playersto speak of. They play hard and try but will not compete with Regions 4-8 in Tn. Hyatt and Little and 2 or 3 kids from each Cleveland and Rhea will play at the next level.Sorry owls you have none. And another thing, you all(owl fans) talked alot of trash all year Does Owls eat Crow!!!!!! I think so :angry::D Good luck in the tournament.

Well guys. I was at both games and quite frankly, as poorly as the refs were in these two games, they were not the reason Ooltewah lost. At Cleveland there was a two minute stretch when Ooltewah had an 8 point lead and had three consecutive turnovers, leading to seven Cleveland points. This happened with about four minutes left in the game. It seemed to be the turning point from there, and the comfortable lead Ooltewah had ended up being a back and forth see saw game right to the final buzzer in overtime.

At Rhea County, Ooltewah could have won this game, but they had ton of turnovers and seemed to let the Rhea team and the refs get under their skin. If they had just taken it to them, like they did during the stretch that put them ahead with two minutes to go, they would have won. Sure, it hurt when Michael Newsome got those fouls, and it hurt when Courtney White did not ge the call on 2-3 fouls inside, but the turnovers cost them the game.

I thought both games were great games and the teams competed to the finish. This was real fun to watch.

Okay, Ooltewah... I've said it before to all of you. I've enjoyed watching you, and I have seen you more than most other teams in the area, but you have a great opportunity, since the District and the Region are on your home court. Protect it with your lives and you might be surprised what the outcome just might be. Don't let any of these come in and take anything from you at the New Barn.

I was at the Rhea - Ooltewah game. Some of you guys really must not have anything to do with your life. First, to blame a game on the officials is ludicris- the ref that called a technical foul on Cooper did not blow the whistle in Rhea's favor but a couple of times. Any close call went the other way. Secondly, to attack players and actually write their names on here in a negative manner is unbelievable. I am sure none of you guys ever played anything and if so probably not very good . You guys have talked smack all year and I will agree that you all have a very good team,but are very overated. Get a life.

it is a downright shame that people get on here and attack the players like some of you ooltewah fans are doing. ooltewah was 17 pts. behind at one point and yes they did come back, but they got a lot of help from the officials who were horrible. as far as them being the better team, that remains to be seen. there was no thuglike activity on either side, so y'all need to kill that noise. and yes zach is being recruited by d1 schools. there is no reason for you guys to attack him. if he is'nt that good, why was he being double and triple teamed? just sour grapes i guess. let the players play and quit making stuff up on here. we won that one fair and square, despite the referee's effort to steal it.

Edited by coachro

Gee, I wonder if I was at the right Rhea/Ooltewah game....... Seems like I remember it though, cuz it was the first time I've seen a T called on someone for talkin' with his eyes! Bizzarre!

So, Rhea was doin' all the trash talkin'? Well, I guess it's possible, but I tend to go by history.............

Refs..........favoring Rhea? There are NO refs from Rhea Co. 'nuf said

Rhea players......thugs? That's pretty low.....