referee decisions determine too many matches

pony20

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we were all in shock that the ref continued the match! The stands went wild because they knew there had been 3 false starts. The coaches (all 3 of them) did go to the scorers table before the ref could sign the bout sheet.

We are not pointing blame to any single person, we just want the ref to admit he made a mistake. We do have ref's in TN who acknowledge they are not perfect and make mistakes from time to time. These are the ref's that are typically well respected. What makes this ref so special that he cannot recognize his own error?

KKW is right. The case book states that once a wrestler leaves the mat the match is over and mistakes are not corrected. Any time there is even the slightest question of score a wrestler should stay on the mat until the situation is resolved. If the coaches all three of them were at the table one of them should have told Davis to stay put and explain the situation to him. I agree he lost the match when he was pinned then he lost the second he stepped off the mat if there were three false starts.

Texas23....I will say this. If I knew my kid was in a match and his opponent was hit with 3 cautions I would make sure that my kid got his point before wrestling continued. That is why coaches are at matside. To coach their wrestler and to make sure all rules are properly enforced. Take that however you want.

Well,,,,I think that the coachs questioned the ref and the ref said it was a miscounted caution. Miscounted by the score table.

That is why if you then review the tape (as I suggested, if possible) then a correct call could have been made.

I believe the ref could not recall 3 cautions and said so.

How does a coach challenge that?

I believe those Franklin coach (s) did their job as best as they could. Just my opinion on this one.

I can assure you that they did not go to the table when the 3rd caution supposedly was called.

KKW,

You can assure me of the all the Franklin Coach's actions but you can only make the comment that the 3 cautions are "supposedly called'?

It does not matter about the timing in this case, it was still correctable at the time that it was brought up. It may have been a different story if the coachs had brought it up at the time you said, but who knows. The ref may still have said it was a score table error, as they did at the end of the match.

I keep saying that because I did not see a 3rd caution. And the error is not correctable once your wrestler leaves the mat. If you are going to keep challenging what I say then why are you avoiding the fact that they deferred at the beginning of the 2nd period in a 0-0 match. I guess I missed that one also. All I am saying is that you cannot lay all of the blame on the official. If there was a 3rd caution and they had approached the table at that time the score would have been corrected.

In the 130 match with West against the Holimon, I think Holimon should have got a point because West was stalling the whole match. They gave Holimon 1 pt. for stalling in the 2nd period when he did not get up. Then in the 3rd period, West escaped making it 1-1. Then, West stalled the rest of the period on his feet. Then in overtime, he stalled. In double overtime, Holimon got to choose down, and West stalled on top by locking up Holimon's hips the whole 30 secs (Even with stalling, it is hard to hold someone down in double overtime, though).

I think Holimon should have won off of a stalling point.