referee decisions determine too many matches

pony20

I find it kind of funny how the 2 matches being discused both had Bradley wrestlers in them...in the 130 lb match Jake West was hit for a stallin call that was completely rediculous, I dont hear you guys griping about that. Bailey and Blackmon both deserve their championshiops.

i do feel like west was stalling and could have been hit again...but thats just me, nothing against bradley, i wanted west to win, and cordell, and gibson, but i think west stalled.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the impishknoxville"Im tough but i never made the finals"wrestler. Congratulations you are king of the weeniewhiners! Also you dont know much about what your talking about because Bradley will have many solid wrestlers next year, Not as good top to bottom as this year but very good. Three state champion contenders and 5 Potential top 4 will be back. A couple of these guys didnt start but you will here from them soon. Franklin and Bradley willl fight it out. cut and paste this so you will remeber this time next year that the "chick" predicted it. Meanwhile, stay practiced up on your crying, maybe you can watch the oscars and complain to them why your favorite didnt win. Look forward to hearing your whining again next year as Bradley takes another crown despite losing 10 starters. Dont you wish your program could win just one? Bryant has four team championship rings. How many do you have? I thought so. They got them all by stalling though.Good luck and keep up the crying. It has a tendency to keep you from ever winning at anything.

Having reffed matches with both middle tennesse or nashville area officials and also the officials in chattanooga.... I will tell you that the officials in chattanooga seems to be scared to call stalling... almost as if they are scared of the coaches getting on them. The nashville area refs will call stalling in a heartbeat. I was at the region five championships which include teams such as tullahoma, brentwood, franklin, etc.... there was one match i remeber for the stalling calls... this match included a franklin wrestler who received 14 back points through out the match but was also hit with 3 stalling calls for riding the hips before tilting his opponent. the refs in the mid ten area control the match and are not scared to back up there claim for a call when a coach or gym complains for that matter. However the chattanooga refs are very tenitive when it comes to calling stalling.

The refs can't win. If they call it they get razzed, if they don't they get razzed. I believe we are fortunate to have the qulity of refs we have here in Tennessee. I view, rightly or wrongly, stalling like the strike zone in baseball. Study the refs and know how they call. Know if he gives you the inside of the plate or the corner. Know if you get so-and-so that you better not ride the hips. Know ref B will hit you quick if you don't hussle back. I have no problem, and I don't think you do either, identifying the ones that call it tight and the ones that don't and what compells them to do so. It's an age old arguement at every level and it will always be. Find a way to use it to your advantage.

Right on Middle TN Refs! They will call it and stand behind it. If they get challenged respectfully, they go back through the move and explain it. Middle TN does know how to call stalling!

Some refs are just holier than thou and wouldn't admit to a mistake if it hit them in the face! Won't mention any name, because you know who you are!

bkpres,

you are exactly right about knowing what refs will give you what call, but in a match you can't wrestle a different way from your usuall style just because the ref you have is not making stalling calls. that is why bond davis did not win the state tournament. I know he is capable of wrestling better than he did the whole tournament and for that he deserved to lose. there is no doubt in my mind if he had wrestled to half of his capability he would have had no problem winning ( no offense to Sanders who wrestled his butt off) . but as it turned out Davis did not wrestle to his capability and he lost, and rightfully so.

I just think that in a state competition you can't have one ref call stalling imediatly and the other wait 20-30 seconds....everycall should be uniform especially in wrestling where moving backwards, riding hips for 5 secs, (trying to do a move or not you can't ride the hips), or running someone out of bounds after a standup..... it is so easy to make these calls uniformly.

Brickhousechick, it sounds like to me that you may have forgotten more about wrestling that the IMP-KNOX dude will ever know. Although I'm sure most of us have. We will just fill those 10 empty spots with the talent we have and see what happens. Wouldn't it be funny if we lost all these champs to graduation and just reloaded the team and won another championship?

As a matter of fact there are alot of those beautiful championship rings in Bradley County. I can't wait to see what they look like next year. Can you?

Thanks for the support Brick! :D