Top 10 DI Coaches in our state.

tnranker

Chris Vandergriff of Halls is a darn good coach. He has had several state champions and state placers during his tenure at Halls High School.

Look out for his son next year. "BIG JOHN" Vandergriff will be a force! We wrestled against him 4-5 times this year and each time he got better and better.

Edited by LAUDERDALE

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top new coach's

Joe Knox and Kerry Ferguson at Farragut!

As a parent I appreciate you taking time away from your collage years to give back to a sport U love. I knew it would be a special year with both of you being there for the young men on the team. I wish you had more support from the school but we want go there.

When everyone in the region counted your team out for the count, the both of you knew that that you had a Phoenix in the making. You did raise a team from the ashes and turn it into a contender. Maybe with some Freshmen coming out next year and Reveiz bringing in some lineman you can have a Juggernaut of a team and give the BCs and SDs a run for their money

Edited by rigger101

All of these guys are great coaches... all with wonderful acomplishments.....

I would like to put my thanks out to Jeff Lester at Tullahoma. He works with what he can without any real support from the school or community. the only time anyone in town reconizes the wrestling team is when they have guys going to state. They only had 5 wrestler this year... partially from an unfortunate problem at the beginning of the year. But without him there is no way max would have done as well as he did this year. Coach Lester called Max up every saturday to go drill and practice. He even made sure i was there when he got tired to take over with ther wrestling... i mean after all he is 4'3" tall and about 130 wrestling a 152 lb junior in his prime..... just kidding with you coach. He may not have all the state dual rings and other thing these other coaches have but he is really good at what he does considering what he has to deal with.

And if anybody can get this to him i am sure he knows who i am and i think he would appreciate it... knowing that we care about what he does for the kids.