Best Wrestlers in last Decade from TN?

goiowa1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i will agree with stud on that. when you place 4X and final 3X with 2 titles and your ear is swown to the side of your head because you got it ripped off in freestyle and then play your way threw a 160lb title you need to be on the list. after all this is a high school list and college needs to be a different list some guys don't do the college thing

I agree with all the names listed. Here are a few that came to my mnd.

Nick Breeden. 215 lb from Seymour: State Champ and 1x Runner-up

Shannon Sayne from Halls: 2x State Champ, 1x Runner-up

Junior Hernandez from Catholic

Kevin Ward from Soddy.

Kyle James from Soddy.

Just a word on Quinn Gibson. What a special person/athlete. To be as good as he is and to handle himself with such dignity and humility. He could very easily be a cocky ###, but hes not. The same can be said for Rusty Blackmon. As a matter of fact, the same could be said for the athletes that I named above.

Empro

Brewster is second tier?

Brewster and Keller split matches

Mccarty lost to Brewster every time they wrestled. Look at Matt's loses and see how many were to Brewster

Brewster beat Yost

Brewster beat Ward both times they wrestled

He is the starter for West Virginia University

He is a high school all-american

A four time state placer, two time state champion

All of these guy's are truely champions and deserve our respect.

Waylon Lowe never showed his potential in high school, but I think it's safe to say that he's shown it at Findlay. He's also going to graduate in May, which is better than anything he's accomplished on the mat. It took some work to get him out of Jefferson County and on the right track, but looking back it was all worth it. I'm more proud of him than I can ever say.

i agree with all of you on the champs we all can saw who is the baddest but one thing should be agreed on is the fact that tn wrestling is a growing threat to the rest of the nation and i hope to continue to see the agruments on the top ten best wrestlers because as long we are not agreed on then that means there is more than ten champs that qualify for the spot. thats awesome