Hickman Co. vs. Hillwood

Scuba7

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCS03, When I say no one wants to play Coach Gamble at Tournament time it is because I know my history. Sure Glencliff and McGavock have more basketball talent on the floor, but they don't ANYWHERE NEAR the coaching ability on the bench. Ask any COACH from around here and you will get the same answer. Hillwood is the type of team you don't want to play at this time of the year. If Hillwood doesn't win another game they still took out the #1 seed when they finished the regular district season at 4-12. People in the stands just don't appreciate that accomplishment because they don't have a clue what it takes to get to that point. Those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it. See you Thursday night. BANG

florida beat LSU in football this year, hmmm whos the better team? Ravenwood didnt show up to play vs. Hillwood, and Hillwood did jus get a quality win, but Hillwood has more athletes than Ravenwood and rhs still managed to have a much more successful season than Hillwood, the coaching for Hillwood is not that great with some of the athletes they have, Franklin, Hillsboro, and Spring Hill (whos coaching is woeful) are the only teams in the district with better athletes, yet they only come out with 8 wins. congrats on the upset, but dont look for Hillwood to have much more success

First of all, Congratulations on all 3 of both your posts. Second of all, Hillwood dominated Ravenwood twice this year, so I dont know why we are even talking about this. Ravenwood had a more successful season?? based on what? Hillwood is about to play Centennial for the chance to play for the District championship after they just ended the #1 team in the districts' season, whle you guys are sitting at home. Congrats on your big regular season wins over all those tough A and AA opponents. It shows that it really payed off. hey man, good luck next year

Topperplayer... show some modesty after a great win. The people that know basketball know that you guys battled and were in games till the end this year. Sometimes records can be misleading. Still, you don't want to get a sense of cockiness about you. Hickman prolly overlooked you and were cocky and they are sitting at home now. Don't talk about next year focus on this year. You guys did something positive, don't ruin it by running your mouths. Let y'alls game do your talking. As far as Hickman being overrated, they were a darn good team and were underrated if anything. Their fans made alot of noise and talked alot and thats what made Hickman seem like they were overrated. They were a good team. Btw, Hillwood for the longest time has been horrible. I know 8 or 9 wins isn't alot at all, but the most important thing that they have achieved over there is gaining a mindset that they aren't a pushover team anymore, thats why their coach has done a great job. Sometimes the hardest team to beat is yourself, and hopefully H-wood won't be beating themselves anymore. For the Ravenwood kid, you guys had a heckuva season. You guys are going to compete for the district next year, keep your head up and work hard.

Edited by FHSrebel27