Rockwood vs. Onieda

SHORT10

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwood blows a 12 point 2nd half lead. They only score 8 points in the 2nd half. Oneida hit some freethrows at the end to win by 7. This was by far the worst game I have seen Rockwood play. Only one player seemed to show up and that was Brain Reed. Rockwood should fair better next week in the Region, but the Road is harder now. But a word of advice to Oneida fans, don't sing the Goodbye song to a team that isn't out of it yet. It could come back to haunt ya...trust me I did it last year, and the 2nd game wasn't as kind. But goodluck to Oneida in the Championship game and whoever you play.

I thought it was a great game tonight, but of course I would. :)

Rockwood did not play real well, but give a lot of credit to the Oneida defense. They did some things very, very well defensively. If there is a bright spot for Rockwood, it is Reed. What a game he had from the field. . . Without him, it would have been a really poor showing by the Rockwood offense.

I was a little disappointed by Wartburg's play against Harriman tonight. Then again, the Blue Devils really look much improved without their big-mouthed point guard. Ledbetter impresses me more every time I watch him play.

kudos to coach windle...he took some flack from people a few weeks ago..he continued to work hard and allow others to get their jabs in, w/out a word..he is a class person and a classy christian coach..... setting back and seeing the change from last year to this year(5 wins last year) every parent should personally shake his hand and thank him for not only the job he has done but the role model he is and he will make every player a better person..coach windle is going to be a super coach... how many young or old coaches would have panicked tonite when Rockwood dunked to go up 12 w/ 1 minute to go in the half... coach w called a timeout went for 1 shot and nailed a 3 to cut the lead to nine... he did not panick uin the third and played posession bball and tied the game starting the 4th...he then took the game over and got a great win... you folks in Oneida allow coach w to coach because you are very lucky to have him, because I know he loves his guys...he will teach the game of bball like it should be taught, but he will teach the game of life even more.....he will teach teamwork the way it shou be.....

coach, you have done a great job and the and again hte parents and fans of Oneida should step back and realize they the youngest greenest grass they can get....you better do what it takes to keep him... great job

One thing I have noticed about Coach Windle is that he makes players believe the ycan win. We might be as talented or as big as some teams, but we believe we can beat them.

Last night, it seemed like both teams changed locker rooms at half. Rockwood played alright in the 1st half and Oneida faught there way to a win in the second. Brian Reed couldn't miss last night, he shoots it great at home. Hackler had a nice dunk off the alley last night, give him some props too. Not on player really stucj out for us last night, everybody played good. Casey Byrd hit a huge shot for us to tie them and a lot of guys made their free throws when they counted. Oneida-Harriman, should be one to watch.

Edited by pennyplay6254

Sorry penny your wrong. Rockwood didn't play alright in the 2nd half. As the guy on the Radio said. It was the worst half he had ever seen in his 19 years here. 8 points in horrible. Your right Reed was the only person to show up for Rockwood. Now im not bashign Oneida, they had great Defence, but Rockwood's horrible offence helped too.