Outstanding Wrestler

Rabbitt

No disrespect to gibson. he is a great wrestler and rolled through the state tournament, but i feel Kyle James was snubbed of the outstanding wrestler award. he had the tougher weight class. yes he had a freshman in the finals and in the semi finals, but they are two of the best freshmen in tennessee. creagan is a good wrestler who has wrestled since he was able to walk it seems like. felix was suppose to be the next 4X state champion. remember kyle is the age of a jr. or maybe even a soph. in high school. he will be 17 years old when he starts college. kyle totaly dominated the field. pinning and teching his way through the tournament. tech falling his opponent in the finals in the 2nd period. kyle was snubbed last year as well. he defeated the 2 time defending state champion 6-1, and yet he still doesnt get best wrestler. i feel that gibson should have gotton it one year and kyle should have gotton it one year, but for someone as good as kyle james not to ever recieve the outstanding wrestler award at the state tournament is not right. he doenst just win matches by 1 or 2 points. he dominates people and makes them look as if they have never wrestled before. congrats to gibson on his award, but i feel as if kyle was snubbed. pound for pound kyle james is the BEST wrestler in the state of tennessee, and its a shame that the voters for outstanding wrestlers (i think are the ref's) dont see that. hopefully kyle brings home the gold at high school nationals which he is very capable of. it would be a shame to be a high school national champion and not be voted outstanding wrestler in your own state. other people may have their own opinion on this, but i was in shock when kyle did not get the outstanding wrestler award especially after he was snubbed last year.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabbitt,

Everyone knows your relationship with Kyle and not matter how heart felt your comments are, they only tend to tarnish the great season that Kyle had this year. Your comments are going to start something that will make a debate on the good and bad aspects of why Kyle should or should not be voted OW. He does not need it.

tex,

i voice my opinion on here just like everyone else. i dont think anyone will have anything bad to say about kyle. they will either agree with me or disagree with me. if you dont like what i write then dont respond. reguardless of my relationship with kyle, it doenst take a brain surgeon to see that kyle deserved the outstanding wrestler award at least once in high school career

Rabbitt, We already knew your opinion on this subject before the state tournament began, during the state and after the state. You're like a broken record. I agree that James is "one" of the state's top wrestlers and could have won the OW award but so could some of the other state champions. Obviously, the ref's thought otherwise. To bring this up now is sour grapes and a slap in the face for Quinn Gibson. I wish Kyle and Quinn both success in the future.

tex,

i voice my opinion on here just like everyone else. i dont think anyone will have anything bad to say about kyle. they will either agree with me or disagree with me. if you dont like what i write then dont respond. reguardless of my relationship with kyle, it doenst take a brain surgeon to see that kyle deserved the outstanding wrestler award at least once in high school career

Well, you miss read my comments. I do not think anyone has a thing bad to say about Kyle and neither do I. But my comment was about bringing it up in the first place and what that does, creates debates about does he deserve or not.

But like the movie Highlander, "There can be only one". Someone is always, always left out that could be argued could/should have won.

In fact, I had a bet with someone on here how long it would take for your to start this thread, the over under was one week. I win.

Rabbit,

I am certain it was a difficult choice for the refs to make. One ref told me he voted both Kyle and Quinn OW. That said, the OW vote is always tough. In DII this year, a strong case could be made for Nick Marable and in DI, Nic Bundy stated his case with wins over two former runners up and a defending state champion.

It is possible we (Bradley) understand your disappointment more than most because it wasn't long ago that the OW award was given to Jake Yost when many felt Matt Keller was just as deserving. While we were disappointed, we knew that the award was given to a great wrestler.

We know that Kyle James is an outstanding wrestler. He doesn't need a plaque to prove it.