Outstanding Wrestler

Rabbitt

sly-read your post. if you were having a conversation with someone about this topic and you said:We already knew your opinion on this subject before the state tournament began, during the state and after the state. You're like a broken record. would you think they were being rude???

Rabbitt, If you took offense to my post I just want you to know that was not my intent. Just in case you don't know Gibson pinned all his opponents in the first period except one and he pinned that guy twice once in the first period(illegal hold??) and the other pin in the second. That is dominating! Now as far as the toughtest road to the championship I would say that Nic Bundy would have had the toughest draw. He beat 3 state finalist, Ortiz, Tinsley and Coleman. That is tough! Im not saying James didn't deserve to win the OW he is "ONE" of the best wrestlers in the state and his weight class was tough. Like I said there was a few champs that could have won the OW but Gibson won it and he deserved it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tex- i hope i won you some money. lol

only a few dollars, but it was a sure thing.

As far as the broken record comment, I would have to say that was not intended to be rude, if you look at any post you have made and Kyle is mentioned, it is always the same.

take a look:

Posted on: Jan 14 2004 - 10:01 PM

Kyle James without a doubt. he is 2x state champion, should be a three time state champ, but was only 92lbs. as a freashman. he is a 4x USA wrestling all-american, including his 4th place finish at jr nationals last year were he defeated 5 returning all-americans. he defeated anthony burke from Virginia his first match at jr. nationals last year, and also defeated friskhorn from virginia for 3rd and 4th at schoolboy nationals a couple of years ago. kyle is very young for his grade, he will be 17 when he graduates.

Forum: Wrestling Mat · Post Preview: #825126978

and :

Posted on: Jan 21 2004 - 04:15 PM

o yea, and no one is going to give Kyle a good match. weither it be west, creagan, or whoever. they might stall and try and keep it close, but kyle will dominate whoever he wrestles. no disrespect to any wrestlers, but i think its time for people to give kyle his credit. do you think creagan or west are even close to being a national placers at fargo? they are both tough wrestlers, but saying they can wrestle with kyle and give him a good match is not true.

Forum: Wrestling Mat · Post Preview: #825134105

All true, but repeated , thus the broken record comment.

I think that Quinn or Kyle deserved it. Bundy did great, but if he was on the level that Quinn and Kyle are, it would have been expected. I think that Kyle should have gotten it, because Quinn got it last year. This is not to say that Quinn didn't deserve it. He definitely did, but so did Kyle. They should have given out co-OW this year.

kyle put on an exhibition on how to tech fall in one match I saw, but that was boring to a point or a forgone conclusion, Quinn went out with one thing on his mine pinning his opponent, and Bundy had the toughest matches in his weight class and won them all. I don't think anyone could say anything if any of them had been named OW.

I think that Kyle should have gotten it, because Quinn got it last year.

Best of the West, you surprise me.

You are usually so well prepared with your posts, stats to prove you comments, examples to show how the stats bear out your point, knowledge from going to the matches, etc..etc.

But to come with the "let's someone else win it this year" stat is playground material.

This is not up to the high standards you have set. Please build your argument. Heck, even Rabbit gave some kind of reason for his opinion.

They should have given out co-OW this year.

Best of the west, I find it highly ironic that you suggest to the board that refs, who are suppose to be able to make decisions, should come to an impasse and choose two OW for the tournament? You're just being funny........right?

Kyle makes wrestling look too easy. It is a shame that this is not inturpreted as being the best. He doesn't need OW to know how good he is.

tex is absolutly right on this... Kyle does not need an award to know how good of a wrestler he is. Quinn is the same way nether wrestler needed the award to know they are the best in the state.

I think that Quinn could have won the 160, 171, 189, 215, and heavy weight classes at state this year with no problem. No offense to any of the other wrestler at those weight classes.

And the same goes for kyle he probably could have won 125 130 and 135. so it did not really matter who got the award they both know they were the best this year.

Congrats to both on their state championships and their continued college careers.

Neither of them deserved it more or less than the other. Both went through the tournament in outstanding fasion. Both dominated all oponents. How can you chose between two wrestlers like this? Neither is more deserving than the other, but since Kyle didn't get it last year (which he easily could have), they could have given it to him this year. There are no stats to back this up. This is my opinion. I believe that Kyle and Quinn have been the two most outstanding wrestlers over the past two years, but Quinn walks away with two OW awards and Kyle with nothing. What else do you want me to say? As for you sly, it would take more stones for someone to stand up and tell the others to give it to both then just to write the Bradley kid's name down. Quinn is deserving, but he has not had the same competition as Kyle in the tournament or all year. It's not his fault, but it's the truth. Nobody wants to wrestle Quinn, because he's a beast. His best match this year in state has been against Nick Marable, who is now 152 in D2. Don't be so smug. I think Kyle deserved something, and if giving co-OW awards is the only way to reward a kid that has dominated for the past year, including the tournament, then that's what should be done. Just because it has never been done before, doesn't mean it's not the best thing to do now. Besides, when it comes down to any two wrestlers of equal accomplishment, Bradley wins out.

It's probably time to stop debating who should have won OW. Gibson did and who can argue that. Kyle James is outstanding as well and of course Bundy had the toughest road. Time to quit fighting over who should've won state or OW and start preparing for Sr Nationals, Cup challange, and Fargo to showcase the wrestling talent Tennesse has.

Edited by fwc00

the refs vote on the current events, and rightfully so they do not take into consideration anything that happened last year. If there would have been a tie in the voting, then your scenario may have happened.

And Kyle did earn something, this years first place medal for his weight.

blah blah blah. I agree with both gofish and fwc00. Kyle and Nick were the most outstanding in the tournament, and Quinn won it. I can't and won't argue that Quinn doesn't deserve it. That's all. Quit poking at me. Sly and Tex, I'll have to buy you guys a beverage at state some time. Then, maybe you guys will get off my @$$. :lol: