Giles Co. 92, Fairview 49

PageMan

Fairview.....8....17...12...12.....49

Giles Co....21...26...21...24.....92

Giles Co. 92 - Tyler Smith 26, Channing Coffey 26, Kash Givens 12, Justin Morris 6, Shay Shannon 6, Wes Carter 4, Josh McCluskey 4, Deron Garrett 2, Darin Holt 2, Corey Perry 2, Lavelle Dickerson 2

Fairview 49 - Luke Putnam 14, Dan Kennedy 10, David Boozer 8, Chris King 7, Bobby Buttrey 5, Cody Osborne 2, Brandon Butler 2, Caleb Putnam 1

Three Point Goals:

Giles Co. 6 (Coffey 4, Shannon, Carter)

Fairview 3 (King 2, L. Putnam)

Team Free Throws:

Giles Co. - 20 of 28 (71.4%)

Fairview - 8 of 13 (61.5%)

Team Fouls: Giles Co. 18, Fairview 23

Team Turnovers: Giles Co. 17, Fairview 17

Giles led after the 1st qtr., 21-8, as Smith had 11 & Shannon scored all 6 of his pts. while King hit a three for Fairview. In the 2nd qtr., Coffey came on the bench for Giles to score 15 (1 three, 4 of 4 FT's) and Smith added 6 while Kennedy had 8 and L. Putnam had 5 for Fairview, as Giles led at the half, 47-25. In the 3rd qtr., Giles outscored Fairview, 21-12, as Coffey had 8 (2 three's) and Smith had 6 while Boozer had 4 and King hit a three for Fairview as Giles led after 3 qtrs., 68-37. In the 4th qtr., Giles played subs after about half the qtr. with 9 different players scoring while Fairview's L. Putnam had 9 (1 three) as Giles took the win 92-49

Giles will play Marshall Co., an upset winner over Lewis Co., in the championship at 7:30 while Fairview will face Lewis Co. in the consolation at 6:00. Both games on Friday.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what is up with Shay Shannon. Coffey is stepping up big for the CATZ, as he has done all year long. He is easily the 2nd best all around player on the team. I think it is about time that Coach Holt realizes that and quits ripping his head off when he makes a mistake...at least he hustles...that is more than I can say for some of the GC starters.

Edited by keithr

B) DOn't know what is up with Shay. He has had a few injuries this year. His back at Bristol, shin splints and he hurt his arm during the marshall county game. Maybe he just hasn't gotten the practice time in. I think he also needs some confidence. He is unsure of himself so he doesn't take many shots then when he misses it just gets worse. But his defensive play has improved from last year. Maybe he is concentrating on defense. Good luck to the CATS on Friday. Can't wait to see you then!

What I'd like to know is, what exactly was the point of the Fairview players trying to take Tyler out every time he went up?? I can totally understand playing good, strong defense and not just giving him the dunk, but running full speed from the other end of the court in order to undercut him on his way down is purely classless. And if you're going to be dirty, at least don't make it obvious; like having Tyler's leg wrapped in your arms as you try to get up! There's no point in taking your anguish out on a player who has a brilliant career in front of him, while you'll be sitting at home watching him on Sportscenter next year! What really got me was the fact that Fairview's coach said nothing to his player's about this, and almost seemed to applaud the act! I've never known Fairview to act this way, but I guess we'll just have to wait til sub state in order to play a team with class, and just bare these hick teams that lack the ability to play on our level, you know above the rim.

So throughout the rest of the district and region tournaments could we please look at the big picture and not just personal vendettas that you'd like to see carried out, because you aren't going to win!?

Giles played extremely well, seeing as how they are prone to losing focus, and looking ahead, when playing these small teams. Shay, i'm sure, will get his shot back on track, and will surely make his presence felt in the big games that await. Tyler has simply exploded, like we knew he would, in the last part of the season. Cash has stuck with his consistent play, and his shooting and rebounding will prove to be invaluable in sub state and state. We are peaking at exactly the time that you want to, and that's all you can ask.

All I can say is, all of these 10AA teams that have been talking so much smack, better be ready for a show on Tuesday! Does Montgomery Central have a landing strip in their gym?

LEBRON WHO?

First of all I love how us Giles County fans are the first to turn on our own players if thats the kind of fan you are the boys really dont even need you to come watch the game. Shay did hurt his arm at the Marshall county game and besides that he really isnt missing all that many shots he is just not taking them he is leaving the shots to his teammmates because he has been hurt and lately they have not really needed him and his teammates have been doing well with scoring I am sure he will be the first one to step up when needed and he has been playing and hustling hard. But come on bobcat fans lets get behind these players and quit getting on here and bashing them behind a screen name I have known Shay since he was a little kid and he is one of the nicest young men around. You know sometimes you get in a slump lets support our players instead of kicking them when they are down

I don't know if you are talking to me or not, but I am going to respond anyway. In no way am I turning my back on Shay, I simply asked what was up, because quiet frankly, he isn't exactly setting the nets on fire. GC needs him to have his stroke especially right now...this is for all of the marbles. I did not know he hurt his arm. Don't get on here and tell me about supporting my team and bashing them.

I simply asked the question, because the point was brought up last night at the game. Oh...I don't hide behind a screen name either...ask me who I am I will tell you. Better yet, ask Wneely, Tcross, Smokeyvol...they can tell you too.

I think simply asking the question would have been fine but saying he coulnt hit water if he fell out of a boat I think that is turning your back on him. How do you think that will make him feel when he reads that I am sure that will help his confidence to know that is how his (fan?) support him .I know that noone is harder on themselves than Shay is on himself so lets get behind all of our cats Shay Zach Tyler Channing Kash Justin and all of our bench to go as far as we can go Shay just remember that there are alot of people out there pulling for you we all know how good you are

I don't know if you are talking to me or not, but I am going to respond anyway. In no way am I turning my back on Shay, I simply asked what was up, because quiet frankly, he isn't exactly setting the nets on fire. GC needs him to have his stroke especially right now...this is for all of the marbles. I did not know he hurt his arm. Don't get on here and tell me about supporting my team and bashing them.

Oh...I don't hide I simply asked the question, because behind a screen name either...ask the point was brought up last night at the game. me who I am I will tell you. Better yet, ask Wneely, Tcross, Smokeyvol...they can tell you too.

Sorry you had to lower yourself to calling people hicks. You have a vivid imagination like running from the other end of the court - cant you do better than that. Oh yeah, you know what the Fairview coach said to his boys dont you. Legs and arms - what a joke. Seems to me Giles is 1-5 against good teams and did you see Tyler try and help up the kid he slammed to the floor inadvertantly in the 4th quarter. He walked right by him and just gave him one of those tough guy looks. Thats when I lost my respect for him. You have a showboat team that likes to run up the score. Classless!!