Lipscomb vs. Portland

DISS78

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This should and will be an exciting game. I think i am staying to watch the game. The semifinals and finals should be very interesting because the top 4 teams are all going to be playing each other. Thursday and Friday might be the best tournament setups that i have ever been involved in. Portland definitely has the advantage but i think Lipscomb will be ready to try and shut it down. I wonder what Lipscomb has in store for Corey Brewer and what they plan on doing to slow him down.

This will certainly be a great game. Home Court should play a large role in this game, but it will not be the determining factor. Brewer is coming off of the double double over East Lit. However, in the first two meeting Lipscomb did not have Anthony Hopkins to d-up Brewer. Hops will play a big role in this game on the defensive side of the ball. Good Luck to the Mustangs. DL+2

If Portla can play the rest of the tournament with the intensity on both ends of the floor that they did last night, it will be hard for anybody in the district to beat them. Last night, Portland layed very, very well together. Brewer had a good game after a slow start but his teammates played great. They came ready to play and everyone that touched the floor contributed. If they can play with this intensity they will beat MLK in the finals of the tournament.

Semi-finals of the district has to be one of the toughest games to play. Your team has just secured a spot to get into the region tournament, so you know you have other games to play. Will the teams have a letdown? I think so. Question is, who will be mentally tougher? As they did last year, Portland seems to be peaking at the right time. I do believe that Lipscomb has the better overall team. Nevertheless, playing at home gives them a 5-7 point advantage. Both regular season games were close, and I expect the same again. With Anthony back, advantage Lipscomb. Yes, that is a biased statement, but one he has been able to back up on the court.

Go Mustangs!