BGA vs. BA

clay9

Just heard that BGA won by 6 over BA in the Finals of Division 2 Middle Championship.

You can say what you want, but Gary Smith obviously has George Pitts number. This BA team seems to have a little more talent than BGA (Brandon Wright for sure), but BGA kids looked like they were coached better tonight.

One time is ok, two times kind of lucky, three times you are better prepared and coached!!

Give credit to BGA, because no one has all year!!

Congratulations!

BA actually played a really good game and were on all night long. They hit everything and BGA still pulled out the vicotry. BGA is the real deal. 3 times can't be a fluke and can no longer be considered and "upset". Good luck cats going into the state tournament!!

This game was won and lost from the charity stripe. BGA was 17 of 24 free throws, while BA was 4 of 8.

BGA played their best game of the three last night, very smart, and taking advantage of what the Eagles were giving them, and the officials were allowing them.

BA came out of second in the region to win it all last season, so I hope thay can do the same this year.

This is kinda off subject, and itzme, don't take this is as putting down BA. They have a GREAT team. But can you imagine how good they'd be if they still had some certain people? Watching Hillsboro last night and seeing Marshall Bryan nail the three time after time ignited this thought. The Eagles could have been unstoppable with him and a couple other guys no longer playing. Best of luck to y'all the rest of the way!

Posts like this are frowned upon... you're gonna hear it from the BA faithful.

Not really...why bother. What can one expect from a CPA fan?

To answer your other question, as you know, there are athletes in many sports all over Williamson County and S. Davidson who once played for BA. Many leave after Middle School, because they see the writing on the wall regarding potential playing time. Some of those go on to be all county type players. Marshall was not a great fit for BA. Not his fault nor BA's fault...just a fact. That's just the way it is.

I just wish the Eagles had all their current players healthy.

Edited by itzme

Ya know, I hadn't thought about it like that but that's true. There are a ton of kids like that now that I think about it. Well, anyways... what happens now in D-II? Is it straight to state or is there a substate level? I've only been away from D-II for two years and I've already forgotten.

The next step is the state tournament which is next week at Lipscomb's

Allen Arena. I believe that there will be 3 teams from the West, 3

from the middle and 2 from the East in the tournament.

As a BA fan, I would like to put in my plug for BGA. They certainly

deserve much more respect than they have received this year.

They are a well coached and well disciplined team.