Goodpasture over CPA

divepix

why do you even post? you never say anything good or insightful, every single post you make is talking about nothing or talking bad to someone. Well if you want to talk about the past then okay, CA beat us and we beat CPA by 18 I think it was. Who gives a crap what happend in the regular season so what they beat us, did they just get done winning a district championship?? I dont think so.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in basketball 13 wins in a row is a recipe for a letdown, plus GP is a very good team that played well. I see NCS, GP or CPA winning the region. Don't think McEwen can beat 2 of those 3 teams back to back.

If NCS gets by CPA and plays GP for the title, you better shoot well or GP will blow you out. Their zone is tough with so much heighth inside. We shot terrible but stayed in the game with defensive pressure and creating turnovers. The problem was we didn't convert our chances.

CPA vs NCS would be in the 2nd round if it happens - right?

I don't think GP has the discipline or team chemistry to put together 3 good wins. Also, NCS hasn't gotten beat by more than 10 points once in two years (if my memory serves me correctly), so I wouldn't count on a blow-out. What kind of zone do they run? NCS will rain 3s all over a 2-3 as well as some others. NCS takes mostly 3s so why would they worry about how "tough" their zone is inside. If they rebound, which they could do suprisingly well with quick guards finding gaps in the zone, then I dont really see a problem witht their "tough zone."

goodpasture beat ncs by 30 in a scrimmage before the season

Actually it was by about 17 in a SCRIMMAGE in which NCS didn't make a thing and Goodpasture wasn't missing. Key word- scrimmage. That was about 5 months ago pal so even though you signed on and showed your support for Goodpasture, you wasted my time that it took to click on this thread, read your post, and reply to it. Goodpasture won't win the region. CPA or NCS will. Write it down.

divepix-I always appreciate your intelligent, positive, constructive comments on this board. Goodpasture always enjoys playing CPA, our guys are good friends with some of your guys, and the atmoshphere of good, clean, intense competetion is great. Thank you for three great games this season. We enjoyed Friday night. There was some speculation last week as to whether one of the dunks by Travis was "awesome". I will personally attest to the fact that the one he had one us Friday night on your comeback run was AWESOME! He is a great player and a great kid. Even though Trent is graduating, and hopefully moving on to play more years in college, I will be keeping up with all our region teams and know that you guys will be great again next year. I hope that this week 9A will step up and show ourselves better against 10A than we did last year. Good luck to all 9A teams!!!

Hoopsmom, thanks. I think having kids that have played cause us to calm down the personal attacks on these boards. All the kids play hard and work hard. Some have more class than others, but that is also true of adults.

It was great seeing the CPA fans and players applaud the GP team when they were awarded the trophy. I'm sure GP would have done the same. GP played well, and CPA picked a bad time to have a bad shooting game.

We can have spirited disagreement on these boards, but I refuse to attack a player or team unless they are obviously poor sports.