Overlooking Goodpasture

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#30 hasn't showed me anything the past 2 times i've seen Goodpasture, so I didn't expect him to. He's not much of a basketballstar. Goodpasture is not being overlooked, especially after watching them yesterday. I've always thought with their size and with #21 they have a good chance at going to or winning state. Despite Daniel's attitude and Dever's talking himself up on coacht, Goodpasture has a good team. If they (Daniel especially) play smart, there's no telling what could happen. Of course, they have a tough region tourney to finish first.

They are not really being overlooked they are just over rated. Their two big guys are also over rated. Nobody talks about them because with that much size in high school a team should win state. Their two big men weren't even the best tandem in their own district. They aren't overlooked it's just simply nobody wants to talk about a bunch of over rated punks that whine and complain all the time.

How in the world do you get they were over looked? I dont understand. They have only played one region game and they were the #1 seed playing DA they #4 seed. DA obviously didnt over look them because they were prepared and played with them and had a chance to win the game. Four seeds dont usually over look 1 seeds. Did NCS over look Ezell, maybe. Did CPA over look Houston Co, maybe. But DA over looking good pasture??? Come on man be real. I'm in no way saying Goodpasture isint any good I'm just saying they are not being over looked in any way shape form or fashion. If Trent Craig and Ryan Daniel play good 2 more consecutive nights then GP will probably be your region 5 champ, but I dont really see that happening.

They are not overlooked or overrated. They were strong picks to win District, but lost to CPA twice, lost 3 district games and CPA (who was preseason picked #5 in district) stole the regular season show.

They played great in the District finals, but their big men are not the key to their chances for going far. I really like #21 as their key player.

Region 5 is very strong and has 4 teams that are capable of winning it all, including GP.

Advice to Goodpasture players and fans on this board: Don't start acting like some of the people that comment on this do and trying to stir people up. 9A was tough, regions will continue to be tough, so just play tough (and smart) and let your game prove what you are, not a bunch of provocative comments on CoachT. Put all your energies into winning this region. NCS03 and Divepix, thanks for your positive comments for Trent #21. He's worked very hard and has to overcome the size factor in this game, and we'll just hope he can prove himself worthy to move up to the next level. I look forward to another exciting night of basketball at McEwen tonight. Congratulations to all the teams that won and get to move on to the next game. This is an exciting time for you!

#30 was once again no basketball star, and despite was Dever may have said about himself on coacht, he has a broke shot and didn't do much to help his team that lost by 18. #21 had a defender in his face all game, besides a couple times in which he knocked down 3's. Big Ryan Daniel played hard but got frustrated at the end, intentionally fouling (and fouling out at that) before yelling at the ref and going to the bench. Again, this can be understood seeing as how he is a senior and it was with about a minute to go. Good game to FRA. Surely they didn't overlook Goodpasture...