Clinton vs Maryville

OrangeCrush23

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karns next year will be the best team in the city, and if u dont belive me then we will prove all u haters wrong next year, we are getting two players back who couldnt play this year cause of grades. The only team that we have to worry about next year is Clinton and Bearden

This thread isn't about next year's teams...this is about Clinton and Maryville game... which we won by 1. Borum stepped up and gave about 12 or 14 points. He hit a crucial shot with a hand in his face with about 1:30 or 2 minutes left. The game started off and I was a little worried, they got a steal off of their pressure defense within the first minute and the score was 6-2 them. We were up by 1 after first quarter and up by five at halftime. They outscored us 23-8 in the third quarter, with great shooting by Tipton and Gaskin. We are known to come back in the 4th, so I wasn't too worried. Morris had the most beautiful block I've ever seen...Tipton drove in and I don't know if he was going for the dunk or layup. T and Andy jumped at the same time and both were fully extended and the ball was swatted up the court. Borum got the ball in the corner and hit the trey. We were up by one at that point. We got the ball back and they fouled Shoemaker and he made both free throws. Tipton hits a three and is fouled (before the shot, Freeman said) and hits the free throw, down by one. We bring the ball down the court get it T down low, he spins and lays it up with 3 seconds left. Gaskin runs down the court, shoots about a 30-footer and misses....1 more game left boys...

Karns, when is your next game? November, huh. Way to give up a home loss in the biggest game of the year for you. Who won District? What's that you say??? That's right, it was us, Clinton. And don't say it was because you didn't have Fersner...we beat you at our place without T and Mykail (about 32 points missing). All I can say is everyone in our District is sitting at home and we're playing Farragut for Region Championship.

Edited by OrangeCrush23

STATEment04... what Bradley are you talking about? the same Bradley who lost to Oak Ridge by 16... well Oak Ridge is sitting at home listening to Clinton play now... so i dont think ANYBODY from Bradley is laughing

they did also beat them by 30 clinton will not win state or first round.... they will have enough trouble with farragut tonight

Thanks Rebel,

I wish the Clinton fans would quit talking smack and just enjoy the great victory they had last night....So what that rebelman was on here saying that Maryville would win, his son plays for Maryville, who else would he be cheering for....come on.....Just remember eventually the Dragons will lose and then you will be sitting at home just like everyone else......So be ready to take the same criticism you are dishing out to everyone else.....

Good luck tonight Dragons......I predict a victory 71-63

it was a great game by both teams. andy tipton is truly a clutch player. i think the two best teams in our region played last night. it really could have went either way. i just wish that we could have met in the championship tonight instead of the semis. but my hat is off to Farragut not to downplay there season they have also had a great year. i also thought big t stepped up when his time was called and made a great block then put the dagger in the heart of Maryville when he hit the layup to win it. but great season to Maryville and good luck next year.