Ooltewah

bman2020

Correction, the Owls JV tied Notre Dame's JV 2-2, not Soddy's. About the ND game last night, ND could have capitalized on a PK at the end of the first half, but the ND player missed completely. McCallie scored minutes after off a cross finished by sophomore patrick johnson. Notre Dame fought hard and was able to beat McCallie keeper Trey Meyer in the final 10 minutes. The game was mainly controlled by McCallie, but the score ended 1-1 in large part of Robby Miller (ND keeper) who had a solid game. About this weekend, should be a huge test of endurence, stamina, heart, and of course a measuring stick to see where we rank when it comes to playing top 10 teams, like Oak Ridge and Blackman. Should be interesting, tiring, and hopefully FUN! LET'S GO OWLS!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah... out of town tournaments are always Great Fun... Ya'll will have a blast and be miserable at the same time from all the knocks you take in games.... Its not the type of thing where you major... Im going to Le Cordon Bleu, its a cullinary arts college and very posh! Wolfgang Puck and Mario Batali each Studied at the Paris and New York Campus' of Le Cordon Bleu... who knows, maybe Ill be the next great chef and you can see me on Food Network in 25 years haha...oh and back to Ooltewah, Oak Ridge and Blackman will both be tough games... I wish yall the best of luck... Bus you better make sure everyone is ready to take care of business

from what Ive heard of the match it was rather UGLY all around ... with the Owls being forced to sit many starters thanks to nagging injuries and some that happened this game...not a good thing when youre headed into a weekend where youll be facing at least 2 of the top 10 teams in the state in your classification... oh well... im sure things will turn out for the best.... I mean you only have to count 2 tournament games toward your schedule anyway... so technically yall are 5-1-2

you gotta look at the scheduling as either billiance or madness...

on one hand you have the fact that these game will toughen the players before what is expected to be a deep push in the playoffs. and will also (with the out of town tournament) strengthen the team as a unit, and get everyone on the same page....or....

it could rip them to shreds... a schedule like this is going to take its toll. nagging injuries could really hamper a team that has performed brilliantly to this point to have the record they have without the raw talent of other squads... and also if things go wrong over these next few days it could erally cause the team to implode and start pointing fingers....

Im hoping for the former of the 2 options...these players have performed admirably so far and deserve all the success they achieve. Hopefully they can come away from this weekend with a couple wins, and some good showings(hopefully wins, but ties wouldnt hurt) against some top 10 teams. and then wipe the slate clean to play a Very Strong Grace team after teh weekend is over