PORTLAND vs. MLK

DISS78

YET AGAIN MLK BEATS Portland...YET AGAIN JOHNNY LEE GETS JIPPED OUT OF THE MVP. I DONT THINK I HAVE EVER SEEN SOMEONE GET MVP 2 WEEKS IN A ROW OFF OF THE LOSING TEAM. I WONDER WHO VOTES ON THE MVP, HMMM... MUST BE Portland FANS. NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM COREY BREWER HE IS A GREAT PLAYER AND WITHOUT HIM Portland HAS NO CHANCE TO EVER WIN, BUT YOU HAVE REWARD THE WINNING TEAM WITH THE MVP

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b55biz, you make a case for Brewer receiving mvp honors in your post. "without him Portland would have no chance to ever win" and yet with him they finish second in the region. Sounds like he would be the most valuable player to me.

Now, with that said, since I did not see tonight's game, I cannot say who should receive the tournament mvp award with abosolute certainty. However, after last nights 46 point performance and his performance against York, it would be hard for me to see how anyone else could be more deserving.

Congratulations to both MLK and Portland. Represent 8AA well. Maybe there will be a fifth meeting?

Just like Osama said, five good players playing team ball will take out a super star and his roadies everytime. Basketball is a team sport and the five that plays as a team will win 95% of the time.

Congratulations MLK!!! I wish you luck in the sub-state. As for Portland....ya'll better take a crash course in team play and work on your technique. You're not going to have Corey next year. You are going to be on your own. Favorable refs won't make any difference then. What did Corey score? 2/3 of your point tonight???? :D

Im not for sure im understanding.The way i read it Brewer got MVP if im wrong someone let me know.But im gonna qoute khopkins "without him Portland would have no chance to ever win and yet with him they finish second in the region." This to me,sounds like someone who deserves the MVP award.But if u look at the girls 8A district tournament Sarah Jones of Westmoreland should have receieved the MVP award but Kaja Moore of TC did.If you ask me they need to pick some new people to chose the MVPs.

Great showing by the Royals once again. Now Iknow it was a great game with MLK coming out on top, but how about the battle off the court? anyone got anything to say about the Royal fans? Obnoxious or Just Full of Team Spirit?

By the way just a little side note on the play of Corey Brewer. This guys is a great player who could whip up on anybody on the playground 1 on 1. But when it comes to team play he just doesn't cut it. For all of those who watched the game you must say that Corey's style of bring the ball all the way down the court himself and then pulling up far from the basket for an off balence shot (which most of the time went in tonight) is a little absurd. Basketball is 5 on 5 and the other 4 players aren't out there just to watch. Hats off the the Flordia bound senior, but under Donovan I bet you'll pass the ball if you want to play, Son.

Finally, Congrats to the Royals, Way to Put one more piece of hardware in the case!

COREY B. CAN BE BEATEN HFA BEAT THEM BOTH TIMES AND COREY HAD 45 ONE NIGHT MLK HAS SWEPT HFA 4 TIMES(ALTHOUGH THEY WERE ROBBED LAST NIGHT REF MISTAKE) SO IF THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO PUT AWAY Portland TONIGHT THEY WOULDNT HAVE BEEN PLAYING DOC BALL AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM NOT PLAY DOC BASKETBALL IF MLK PLAYS Portland OR HUME FOGG 100 TIMES MLK WILL COME OUT ON TOP 99 IF THOSE TIMES