trivia: the last time columbia went to state

tnwareagle

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geren and Redmon graduated in 1995, but I think in 1998 they had a sophomore named Brittany Jackson who helped the Bearettes out. I know that Bradley has made it to the state tournament more than any of the other region 3AAA teams, but I think they've been only twice in the last 15 years (1995 and 2000), mainly b/c of the superiority of region 4AAA. I may be wrong on that number, though. How many times in the last 15 years has Bradley been in one of those substate games against a region 4AAA opponent?

They went to the state final four under coach Harlow a few years ago, and two years ago played in the substate against Lawrence County. I know that the records of the middle Tennessee teams are very deceiving due to the quality of schedule that they have. I know it will be a dogfight between Columbia and Bradley. Hope the Bearettes homecourt advantage pays off. Go Bearettes!!!!! True the Bearettes have not been in the state real often in the past 15 years, but I think Harlow is turning that around. If they hang on and win this year then he will have been to the state twice in the past five years and the substate another one. Hopefully the tradition is being regained for the Bearettes!

Brittany Jackson joined the Bearettes in 98-99.

Bradley played at White Co. in the sub-state in 97, losing 44-56.

Bradley played Columbia in 98, losing 42-34.

In 1998-99 the TSSAA started the new format sectionals where three teams from the region advanced to play in those.

Bradley lost to Cookeville in the sectionals at UTC in 99, 71-53.

All of these were under head coach Paul Cretton. Jack Harlow started at BCHS in the 1999-00 season.

Bradley beat Oakland (48-44) and McMinn (50-39) in the sectionals at MTSU in 00, then lost to Shelbyville in the sectional finals 69-35. They advanced to the state and beat Sullivan East 62-52 and lost in the semi's to Memphis Hamilton 53-40.

Harlow led the Bearettes to the final four in his first year even though they were only 15-13 in the regular season.

In 2000-01 the TSSAA returned to the old format of the sub-state where only the region first and second place teams play for a chance to go to the state tourney.

Bradley played Oakland in the substate in 2001, losing 68-53.

Bradley played at Lawrenceburg in the substate 2002, losing 43-36.

Bradley was eliminated in the region semi by McMinn in 2003, losing 51-44.

Bradley has been in the sub-state/secitional every year since 97 except 2003.

It's tough getting past Region 4 but I believe the Bearettes have what it takes to get there this year. This year the Bearettes will advance to the sub-state by beating Columbia from Region 4.

GO BEARETTES!