1A - After the Multiplier

I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that region 6 would have 10 teams and region 8 would have 9 teams and region 7 have only 5 teams. West Carroll might be a likely team to join region 7. Perry County is currently in region 7...I have no idea why you have moved them to region 5. That doesn`t make sense.

Perry County is a lot closer to a lot of the teams in Region 5 and 6 than we are the teams in Region 7. Wayne Co., Collinwood, McEwen, CA, Zion, Mt Pleasant, Houston Co. are all closer than Jackson is to Linden, not to mention the trips to Middleton and Fayette Academy. Which we will have to make this coming season. :lol: Plus we play in Middle Tennessee districts/regions in every other sport we have. And before it gets brought up, I know we played all west teams this past year except for Cornersville, but all the region 6 teams that we play in every other sport only have one out of region game in football every year, so it has been hard to squeeze us in to any of their schedules. Maybe if they tried to divide West Tennessee east/west instead of north/south?

Try this on for size:

Region 7

Perry Co.

Wayne Co.

Collinwood

Adamsville

Bruceton

Mckenzie

Gleason

Dresden

Greenfield or West Carroll

Region 8

Greenfield or West Carroll

South Fulton

JCS

TCA

Middleton

Fayette Acad.

Halls

Lake Co.

I really don't know which would be a better fit for Greenfield or W. Carroll in 7 or 8, but I would think that Greenfield should go west to 8. But someone from West Tenn would probably know better about that than I would.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does look pretty good 1AMAN. Except for Middleton being a long way from Lake County. I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there to see what it looked like and what others thought. VolGen is correct, there will be some disappointed teams, but whatever happens will be better than it was.

I moved Wayne County and Collinwood from Region 6 to 7 on the original post. It definitely evens things up.

Edited by hssportsfan

That does look pretty good 1AMAN.  Except for Middleton being a long way from Lake County.  I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there to see what it looked like and what others thought.  VolGen is correct, there will be some disappointed teams, but whatever happens will be better than it was.

I moved Wayne County and Collinwood from Region 6 to 7 on the original post.  It definitely evens things up.

Middleton to Lake Co. is only 5 miles further than Linden to Somerville, but from making that trip a couple of years ago(and going to again this year) I can see your point. Put Middleton in 7, and Greenfield and West Carroll into 8?

Region 7

Perry Co.

Wayne Co.

Collinwood

Adamsville

Middleton

Bruceton

McKenzie

Dresden

Gleason

Region 8

W. Carroll

Greenfield

Lake Co.

Halls

S. Fulton

JCS

TCA

FA

Edited by 1AMAN

Guest lumberjack
There are 12 old 1A schools that are either not participating or are moving up: 

Lighthouse Christian, Clarksville Academy, and TPS no longer have teams.

Clarksville Åcademy will be back in 2005.

That's great news! I know they will provide some good games in the future. They had a great run a few years back before the bottom fell out. Good luck!

Temple and Silverdale Baptist in Chattanooga and Grace Baptist in Knoxville will be adding football teams in a year or two. Even with a multiplier they will be in 1a. Something tells me Temple will dominate in no time. Hmmm... maybe the publics will clamor for a 3.0 multiplier.

Temple and Silverdale Baptist in Chattanooga and Grace Baptist in Knoxville will be adding football teams in a year or two. Even with a multiplier they will be in 1a. Something tells me Temple will dominate in no time. Hmmm... maybe the publics will clamor for a 3.0 multiplier.

Not so fast my friend. I really don't believe Temple will dominate in "no time." I think it's a little harder to build a championship football team than it is to build a championship basketball team. When you factor in that the basketball success the Crusaders have had coincides with the hiring/emergence of three families, you begin to see that football will be a little harder to build.

This is just my opinion.

Didn't Temple go 5-5 this year, their first? They beat Lookout Valley, even if it was a last minute play, it's still a win, and I think they gave Copper Basin a decent game. I don't think they would have been able to slow down the #1 and #2 in the district but most 1A teams wouldn't have either (and most 2A). I think you will see Temple slugging it out with South Pittsburg in the 1A district sooner than you might think.

Didn't Temple go 5-5 this year, their first? They beat Lookout Valley, even if it was a last minute play, it's still a win, and I think they gave Copper Basin a decent game. I don't think they would have been able to slow down the #1 and #2 in the district but most 1A teams wouldn't have either (and most 2A). I think you will see Temple slugging it out with South Pittsburg in the 1A district sooner than you might think.

Temple did go 5-5. Of course, they only played 2 varsity squads. An impressive start to their program as their first practice consisted of showing the kids how to put on pads. My hat is off to them.

Temple and Silverdale Baptist in Chattanooga and Grace Baptist in Knoxville will be adding football teams in a year or two. Even with a multiplier they will be in 1a.

With all these new schools, there will not be as many 2As coming down as some folks think. I'll go back and add these teams into the regions.

Maybe, or maybe it will further prove the point being made several times as we have discussed of the advantages the privates have over publics and that privates should have their own classification. Guess only time will tell.

Edited by CYJacket