TICKETS FOR GILES CO. VS J SOUTHSIDE

2live

2live,

I will agree that the tickets should not be slpit 50/50. A 75/25 split would be more in order if the visiting team could have the opportunity to sell their allotment in advance. That way, if the visiting team did not sell their alloted tickets, the home team could sell them on a first come, first serve basis at the door. If what I read is true, I think that it is wrong that one person can only buy two tickets to this game. That eliminates a husband and wife from bringing the family to the game unless they all stood in line and each got tickets.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it like on the college level???Is that crap 50-50???Heck no it isnt.its more like 90-10,and jackson is like 2-3 hours away.Not many willing to make the trip to play #3 ranked and defending state championship Giles County.I hope they're still selling tickets on Monday b/c a myself and a few friends are going to make the trip.

I too agree it should not be split 50/50. 70/30 sounds about right.

I just hope there are enough tickets for the students to get in the game. What does it matter if the parents go anyway? All they do is sit there and clap or MAYBE get up if Tyler does a 360 or something.

This is BULL!!. What about the people who won't even be able to go tomorrow. Luckily, I have found someone possibly get me one. But still this is a Giles County home game. We won the region, thus deserve the advantage of a home court crowd. If we had lost, then it would have been or own fault and would have had no one to blame but ourselves.

I was one of the last ones in to the Bolivar game last year, and to my knowledge no one was turned away.

I probably should have just glazed over this thread because I knew it would get me fired up. I have tried to keep shut since last year because I always get so irritated when people get on here and badmouth...but obviously, the Giles County people need to hear why some people have such a problem with them. Let me tell you why that rule was put into action this year...last year, the Giles County administration was HORRIBLE! Our administration at Bolivar had never dealt with the kind of people that they had to go through at Giles County. Not only were they not offering us tickets, but they were awfully rude. I've never had a problem with the ball team at Giles County because I know they were a good team, and I can deal with rude fans (everyone has them-Giles just has MANY more than most--and I'm talking about your obnoxious student section...yelling terrible things at our team, cheerleaders, and fans---what was worse than that, were the grown men getting the faces of the cheerleaders at the end of the game---CLASSLESS!), but the thing that blew my mind was how rude your principal was to us when we arrived. I was on the cheerleading squad and from the moment we walked in with the basketball team, the principal was anything but welcoming. In all my years of going to any kind of ball games as a spectator, player, or cheerleader, I had never seen such poor actions by the administration (right in front of the students' faces) and how AWFUL the things your student section was yelling were. In conclusion, I hope we'll get a rematch at state this year.

WOW! GLAD I FINALLY GOT THAT OFF MY CHEST!

by the way, our district is HIGHLY supportive, if you think SS might not bring that many people, i think you might be mistaken. i guess you don't recall how many fans bolivar brought last year. and i do think there's something wrong with the 50/50 thing....it should have been implemented before this year!

I'm not sure what happened last year, but what is the point of "Home Court Advantage" if the opposing team gets the same amount of tickets. I would be fine with 60/40, but it seems unfair that we have to split. F.Y.I. - IF (and that's a big if) there are any tickets left over, they will go on-sale at 5pm on Monday.

This 50/50 crap is about to make me sick, 70/30 or somewhere around that sounds better to me, as long as all of our students can make it in, being as we are the only ones that cheer, parents just dont know how to get hype. And actually a rematch with Bolivar is what we would like to see so stop being an absolute moron reppin05 and next time actually know what u are talking about. This whole thing is stupid. All the tickets not sold in advance will be sold before the game, but it will be hard for anyone to get one of them. The gym holds somewhere around 1500 or more people and b/c tickets are split about 750 are to go to each school, Its all a big jumbled up mess if u ask me. :rolleyes:

We need to figure out a better way to handle this.