Congratulations to Ooltewah

I have watched a lot of teams over this basketball season who have an awful lot of talent, but I don't think I saw any team pull more out of what they had than Ooltewah. Six seniors who have endured several years of mediocrity, took on a new coach, a new system, and a new attitude and surprised everyone.

This team only had one starter over six feet tall and had no superstars. Someone said in a thread a few weeks ago, after they played Rhea County, that they had no D1 players on their team. They are probably right, but in spite of their talent Rhea, Cleveland, and even Bradley endured the fire and spirit of a group of young men who enjoyed playing the game.

Congratulations to all of you on your 21-9 season. Chattanooga should be proud.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see our Ooltewah boys are finally getting some recognition, they played far beyond their size and expectations. I appreciate it (they are my friends), and I'm sure they do too. Hopefully some scouts will notice their ability and pick up some of these talented players, any of them could play at the next level to some degree.

I would like to say that I am not only proud of my boyz from the Nest, but I would also like to say that it has been an extreme pleasure to cheer for them this season. Never have I seen a group of guyz come together and accomplish things that never would have seemed possible. Congratulations seniors on a career well spent and to the rest of the team, good luck in the future.

The Big Dawg