Who will it be in the 'Boro: Unaka or Cosby?

TheAnswer9

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

JamaicanBlue22

The incident occured after the clock expired the first time....

As I was told, and understand, the score book keeper tried to explain to the clock keeper what the deal was, and that they messed up........but the old man running the clock actually threatened the book keeper I hear........

Edited by Port_Vol

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let the scorekeeper fill in the rest on his own, just saying what I heard and was told from folks who saw what happened....

I will agree Blueeagle......the two runs (end of 2nd half, beginning of 4th quarter)

killed Cosby.

As for the neutral site, I'm a proponent of having the Regionals at TSD......Neutral Court. Good sized and NICE facilities....As for the districts? Possibly......but, I don't see as big of a need to neutralize Districts, yet.

I do think for sub-state however, the State should enforce the seating capacity rule. If there is a fire in that gym last night.....its a Rhode Island nightclub situation on getting out of there. Also, for sub-state, there really needs to be a neutral party (TSSAA Official) keeping the clock and book. Not saying that the clock keepers error costed Cosby.....but it definitely showed their hand. At least the officials had the brains (among other things) to "replay" the play.

I too had heard about the Wartburg folks complaining about the clock issue on Saturday. But didnt hear anything really specific.

Yea we got beat but everyone thought it was gonna be a blowout. It just shows how good we are to play you that close on your home floor twice. I believe you better be gald we lost at Rockwood cuz Rockwood woulda beat your butts. They are in state too, oh but you wont see them there either. And i dont wanna hear well where is Cosby at now cuz i'll tell you where they are. They are out working hard for this next three years where the eagles may be unstoppable by a A team.

As for the whole scores table incident, im over it. it was the heat of the moment but i did my job when he ran 2 or 3 seconds off the clock. You guys woulda done it at Cosby. But at least at Cosby the scorers woulda had a place to sit instead of stand and practically hold the book all night.

Anyway Congrats Rangers and especially Chambers, great shot man, but as you know, both teams would not make it far in the state unless their big players step up more than they did last night.

Best of luck, but if Rockwood goes all the way, i am pullin for them.

Yea Milligan, King, Roane State, are some of the ones interested in them. BUT there are no definates as to where either will be going.

You mentioned Blakely in your last post and yes he will dominate. Also Dexter Manning stepped up and hit a crucial layup at the end of the game. He's just a sophomore, and with a little more weight on him he is gonna be an awesome ALL AROUND player, he can handle the ball, he shots well, and he thinks the game through. He will be vital in Cosby's bid for a state appearance and title the next two years. Can't forget Drew, Jarod and Scott either. All saw minutes last night and it was good experience for that type of atmosphere. I have a strong feeling they will see it again.

Glad to see you made it out of there ShaniaGuy.

The boys played well but the turnovers and missed shots in the 4th

let the rangers get back in it. And Rusty made the shot. That's all we

can say about it. Unaka played for the last possesion and made the shot.

I was thinking about it on they way home. We had 3 pretty talented

sophmores on the court at the end of the game last night. With next

year's senior leadership coming from Walker & Young and a talented

freshman class The Eagles will the the team to beat next year again.

c'mon blueagle give us another hint about who you are... :lol: