Clinton Dragons

OrangeCrush23

It's about time that Clinton has gotten respect that we deserve...The last two games of Region (William Blount and Maryville), we haven't even gotten mentioned by Mark Packer on WBIR. We beat Maryville in the best game of any region in East Tennesee (That's right, I said it. All these other games are blowouts, wins by 20), and didn't even get an acknowledgement. What will it take?? It took winning the Region. Tonight, all three news channels (WBIR, WATE, WVLT) showed 30-second clips of the win tonight. Showing the Orange Crush at full force. We weren't as big tonight as we are at home, but we were incredibly loud (just ask Farragut). They didn't bring a whole lot of people, they're section was kind of full but we were packed in like sardines. I decided to wear a grey sweatshirt (real smart, I know), and was soaked after the game. I could tell we were getting to a player or two, because they were looking at us and trying to make comments. That just makes us yell louder at you, that's not smart on the player's part. All I'm saying is this team is underlooked a little. When I voted for us to win on here, 89% said we would lose. We were not contested in District, and we got it done against WB and beat a very good Maryville. Farragut had the game but let it slip, but we didn't give up. That shows our heart and discipline. We split with Oak Ridge, 2-1 vs Karns, split with AC, 2-0 vs Farragut, 1-0 vs Maryville, and beat everyone we should have. 4 of our losses came in Tournaments out of state (Chicago and Kentucky). One came against Jefferson County without our 2 best players, and another came against a good Cumberland County team. We haven't been blown out in any single game. We are 24-6 against teams in TN. And we schedule other teams in place of the tourneys, we could be 29-6. Good luck the rest of your games, and we will definitely enjoy SubState at the Dragon Den...can someone explain the brackets of SubState, none of my friends know how it's set up...I've heard it's one game that we have to win, then I've heard they're are going to be 10 teams...do the top seeds get a first-round bye??? Someone please inform me. All I know is we play Science Hill next, any predictions on that?

Edited by OrangeCrush23

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time that Clinton has gotten respect that we deserve...The last two games of Region (William Blount and Maryville), we haven't even gotten mentioned by Mark Packer on WBIR. We beat Maryville in the best game of any region in East Tennesee (That's right, I said it. All these other games are blowouts, wins by 20), and didn't even get an acknowledgement. What will it take?? It took winning the Region. Tonight, all three news channels (WBIR, WATE, WVLT) showed 30-second clips of the win tonight. Showing the Orange Crush at full force. We weren't as big tonight as we are at home, but we were incredibly loud (just ask Farragut). They didn't bring a whole lot of people, they're section was kind of full but we were packed in like sardines. I decided to wear a grey sweatshirt (real smart, I know), and was soaked after the game. I could tell we were getting to a player or two, because they were looking at us and trying to make comments. That just makes us yell louder at you, that's not smart on the player's part. All I'm saying is this team is underlooked a little. When I voted for us to win on here, 89% said we would lose. We were not contested in District, and we got it done against WB and beat a very good Maryville. Farragut had the game but let it slip, but we didn't give up. That shows our heart and discipline. We split with Oak Ridge, 2-1 vs Karns, split with AC, 2-0 vs Farragut, 1-0 vs Maryville, and beat everyone we should have. 4 of our losses came in Tournaments out of state (Chicago and Kentucky). One came against Jefferson County without our 2 best players, and another came against a good Cumberland County team. We haven't been blown out in any single game. We are 24-6 against teams in TN. And we schedule other teams in place of the tourneys, we could be 29-6. Good luck the rest of your games, and we will definitely enjoy SubState at the Dragon Den...can someone explain the brackets of SubState, none of my friends know how it's set up...I've heard it's one game that we have to win, then I've heard they're are going to be 10 teams...do the top seeds get a first-round bye??? Someone please inform me. All I know is we play Science Hill next, any predictions on that?

Dude calm down. Nobody said Clinton wasn't good. They are a good team. Clinton has the respect of probably everybody they have played. And nobody ever gets good news coverage. It seems like the cameras show up for about 5 minutes and just film a few plays and they stick that in. There were many great plays tonight but none of them were on the news. That's a shame because people need to see some of this great tallent. I was hoping to see the play of Tim Torrence rejecting Vibbert on a dunk. Just an incredible play.

Region 1AAA and 2AAA combine Clinton plays Science Hill 2nd place in 1AAA and Farragut plays Kingsport 1st in 1AAA. And im about 95% sure its 1 game and its to the state.

that might be so but its tournament time so watch out...you definetely didn't see halls winning earlier did you? so dont make your reservations in murfreesboro too soon

If the game is at AC, I hope alot of the Maverick kids and fans show up and cheer on the Dragons. There is a good rivalry here, but I think also alot of respect between the programs, and most of the kids know each other well. I know I will be there cheering on our fellow county representatives, and hope they go all the way. Congrats to the Dragons.

Great game with alot of swings in momentum. I thought both teams played well in spurts. We need those referee's in our league they did a very good job. They let the kids play and decide the game only calling what obviously needed to be called. Most of the time it isn't that way.

I notice the only people that are saying it was a well officiated game is people from Farragut. Heck thats why it was a well officiated game you had 75% of the calls going your way. And this game had more momentum swings of any game ive seen in a very long time. Each team would go on 10 point runs in 2 min. Clinton's 10 point run was just at the right time.