Clinton Dragons

OrangeCrush23

Don't worry about it cdragonz123, there is an old rule of arguing which says that if you can't win the arguement that your in, make the arguement about something else. That's what these Farragut kids are doing. They didn't win the basketball game, and therefore can't win the arguement about it, so they want to try to argue with you about soccer, baseball, or fans. Don't take the bait, just keep reminding them who the Basketball regional champs are, and you win.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man statement i guess we're in the wrong board....

the soccer and baseball thing from me was only brought up to provide a reason why some Farragut fans did not show up for the FHS-Halls game on thursday.............................

then some people just decided to add the fact that they were both "state bound" last year and won state championships

good luck on monday yall got the talent to win

i dont think u realize how country u made Clinton people sound with that and other post. and i dont blame the baseball and soccer team for not being there. u cant put another sport over ur own when ur defending state champs and 2nd in the nation. Farragut people arent complaining about the loss, they just dont like the fact that u criticize their fan base when their main fans couldnt go.

the night i was talking about soccer/baseball players not being able to come was THURSDAY night...the night BEFORE the region championship! i doubt that coach culbreth or coach pharr would cancel their practices for another sport unless it was something entirely important!

and i'll be the first to admit that Farragut's fan support blows! i've missed 4 games all year, 1 due to a funeral, 3 others to do prior commitments with NO chance of being able to make it to the games! its very sad that a school of 2300 can't bring more people than a school half it's size! to be honest it makes me sick! part of that is to blame on the administration for making these sporting events more and more like a prison every year! i understand that there is a line to be drawn but fun at a Farragut sporting event is rarely allowed! there has been an effort to try to bring more fans to the games but apparently no one has responded! i actually had a conversation with a lady Clinton fan when Farragut played at Clinton and we talked about how sad it was and all i could do was agree with her and i had to tell her that it's like this for most sports! even for the baseball and soccer teams its pretty poor unless it's coming to playoff time or Farragut is playing Bearden! all i've done is tried to do my part and then some to try to make up for the lack of support

The excuse that Farragut fans were not there at the region final game to support their team because of baseball and soccer practice is crazy. Any decent baseball and soccer coach would cancel a practice to support the school in a region final ! I know the Clinton baseball coaches were at the game and enjoying every minute of it (unless one of their baseball players got hurt or something). I have been to Farragut games in the past and, even at their home games, lack of support is evident. Heck, I think the girls drew more fans when Lynn Burkey had them playing then the boys did. So, get over it and admit that Farragut needs to work on their support base. I'd say the real reason was Farragut folks were out to eat or a movie or night club or something in West Knoxville. Clinton doesn't have much of that stuff, and even if they did, they would be out to support their kids in a region final !

hahaha oh my gosh maybe this is why you guys blow at all sports except basketball... any decent coach... good one man......

i dont think u realize how country u made Clinton people sound with that and other post. and i dont blame the baseball and soccer team for not being there. u cant put another sport over ur own when ur defending state champs and 2nd in the nation. Farragut people arent complaining about the loss, they just dont like the fact that u criticize their fan base when their main fans couldnt go.

thank you i glad someone isnt blindfolded.... not everyone is trying to say clinton isnt good....

the night i was talking about soccer/baseball players not being able to come was THURSDAY night...the night BEFORE the region championship! i doubt that coach culbreth or coach pharr would cancel their practices for another sport unless it was something entirely important!

and i'll be the first to admit that Farragut's fan support blows! i've missed 4 games all year, 1 due to a funeral, 3 others to do prior commitments with NO chance of being able to make it to the games! its very sad that a school of 2300 can't bring more people than a school half it's size! to be honest it makes me sick! part of that is to blame on the administration for making these sporting events more and more like a prison every year! i understand that there is a line to be drawn but fun at a Farragut sporting event is rarely allowed! there has been an effort to try to bring more fans to the games but apparently no one has responded! i actually had a conversation with a lady Clinton fan when Farragut played at Clinton and we talked about how sad it was and all i could do was agree with her and i had to tell her that it's like this for most sports! even for the baseball and soccer teams its pretty poor unless it's coming to playoff time or Farragut is playing Bearden! all i've done is tried to do my part and then some to try to make up for the lack of support

that was touching yallalreadyknow..... but im pretty sure the baseball games bring more of a crowd than any sport

alright lets just end this trash talkin now....i play baseball for Clinton and yes we aren't the best program around and maybe since Farragut is a perennial state power they take their program more serioiusly. no two coaches are the same and i guess since we finally have something to boast about we are taking full advantage of it. so listen no offense to you baseball or soccer players from Farragut man i'm glad your holdin it down for east tennessee when you beat all of the other teams from middle and west tennessee it makes me glad to be around a team that is so good and gives the state of tennessee a lot to brag about. i hope Farragut beats D-B in sub-state tomorrow night and we can say that both of our teams are goin to state....everybody cool with that? i hope you don't consider that trash talking