Clinton Dragons

OrangeCrush23

By all means congrats to Clinton. The only reason I am worked up was because of a few comments about DB by a couple of Clinton fans. I don't hate Clinton, I just want the stupid comments to stop thats it. Leave it alone we ar not even playing each other. Two good basketball teams in 2004 and thats all tha matters right now. Nothing from the past so lets lay off the the comments and I will quit posting my TSSAA info. I work at a bank; I have plenty of time to look up these things!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on any of the teams making it to the Elite. Hes right and its tourney time anything can happen. thats why its called March "Madness". That would be total madness if chs knocked off BC and DB knocked off WS, I would go bizerk. Nothing better than upsets you know. SO what kind of game does BC run, how are they so good is it D, shooting, speed, heigth, or just total dominance.

BUD, there is no hate between us (even though I had to pull for OR last year in the Playoffs, you understand. It's an Anderson County thing). I'll be pulling for you, since you are an ET team. I have an Accounting class in school and am the same teacher's Teacher's Assitant 3rd, so I too have a lot of time to look up things. I am a very laid back person, but I get worked up in these boards. If there's something I believe (the Dragons), I will speak my mind. Especially if we are getting a raw deal by the refs, or if someone disrespects us. We should hang out sometime BUD, what do you say??? So we can talk about our teams and the trip to Murfreesboro. Woohoo, it still hasn't sunk in. The last time we got to state (Bud, you should know all about it, ha), we were 31 or 32 and zip. We played Pearl Cohn in the 1st round and lost by 8. They had John Henderson (that's right, the guy that was All-American as a Vol Defensive Lineman) and Ron Slay (that's right, the guy that All-American at UT as a forward). The players that were on the team said Henderson was the fastest big man they had ever seen. I can imagine. Go Dragons....and Indians!!! See??? We can live in harmony.

Congratulations on any of the teams making it to the Elite. Hes right and its tourney time anything can happen. thats why its called March "Madness". That would be total madness if chs knocked off BC and DB knocked off WS, I would go bizerk. Nothing better than upsets you know. SO what kind of game does BC run, how are they so good is it D, shooting, speed, heigth, or just total dominance.

I believe Bradley's shortest starter is 6'1". A couple are around 6'6" and 6'7". 4 of the starting 5 can shoot from anywhere. They have two on the bench that could start for most teams in the state and any in Region 3. They play suffocating defense and if you run then it is like bleeding in a shark pool. They are very, very well coached.

I am guessing when they are on, they can do about anything they want. i watched the BC and Oak Ridge game on the playback cable TV thing, and BC just looked uninspired. I would say they can play much better than they showed in that game. Afterall, BC won the Arby's Classic which is VERY tough to do. But Heh ! They put on their shoes and socks like anyone else and when you step foot on the court be ready to play and take it to them. There is nothing mystical or magic about this game. If you get to this level, you just keep playing hard and make plays.

Well said.......how about this one........Go East Tennessee!!!!!!!

i know Bradley is great... but when i saw them play Oak Ridge it seemed like everyone gave up except Cori Pugh... and he was even influenced by Oak Ridge fans and started yelling back at their student section (or so Oak Ridges 's announcer David Clary says)... if this is true then Bradley doesnt know how to handle pressure when they are playing behind... Clinton was down 8 with 2 minutes left against Farragut in the Region Champ and came back to win it... and if Oak Ridge fans can get under your skin then you dont have a chance against Orange Crush

i know Bradley is great... but when i saw them play Oak Ridge it seemed like everyone gave up except Cori Pugh... and he was even influenced by Oak Ridge fans and started yelling back at their student section (or so Oak Ridges 's announcer David Clary says)... if this is true then Bradley doesnt know how to handle pressure when they are playing behind... Clinton was down 8 with 2 minutes left against Farragut in the Region Champ and came back to win it... and if Oak Ridge fans can get under your skin then you dont have a chance against Orange Crush

They fully understand pressure and playing from behind. They had several tight games in the tournaments. Everyone wants to comment on this one loss. They lost three games with the toughest schedule and destroyed Oak Ridge earlier in the year. Those games mean nothing now. Just have to win three!!!!!!! I am sure Clinton has a few games they want to forget.