Oakland vs. Rhea County

ohspats

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, may I ask.. What was the last school from Murfreesboro to make the state tournament in basketball ?? I know all about their football success. However. for the last 5 or 6 years all we hear is how good Mboro basketball is? When was the last time a school from Murfreesboro made it to the state tournament???

Guest Oakland

1996 was the year. the team was Oakland makin into to the state final 4 before losing to Memphis East and tony harris. and boro basketball is good but when u have 4 different high schools it thins the talent. i hate to imagine how good Oakland could have been if Siegel would have been built about 3 years from now, Oakland would have been right up there with the best in AAA, no kidding, but oh well. and about neal, truth be told he will prolly be a d-1 tennis player, he is killer at tennis, he could very well sign a schollie to play basketball, but his best chance to go d-1 is tennis so i would imagine that is what he is gonna do

Edited by oakland2001

ROFL ROFL ROFL Oakland2001....u have stumbled upon the wrong subject....

truth be told he will prolly be a d-1 tennis player, he is killer at tennis,

There is absolutely no chance that Brady will go D-1 in tennis....I beat him when i was a freshman last year from Blackman....dont believe me? check the record books from our first match last year its there i gurantee you..Go watch an MTSU match and then compare Brady to them (MTSU top 50 in the nation) there is no comparison except for they are all foreign and Brady is from TN ....The only kind of partial scholarship Brady could get in tennis would be to an NAIA or JUCO but with more and more small colleges cuttin back even that is unlikely

Guest Oakland

and u very well could have, and i congratulate u. however i never said he was a great singles player, him and sherer made a great doubles team, comin very close to makin it to the state title match. and when did i ever say he was goin to mtsu, i said d-1, i didnt say high d-1 or whatever d-1, and notice how i said probably which means its not set in stone my friend, so quit try to spin my words around. brady may go d-1 he may not, i never said it was definite, i just said it was his best chance of goin d-1