MLK Sectional

CoachF

mlk/ district ,region.champs/dlhs @ home still running the flex/ going nowhere

If you knew basketball at all you would know that DLHS doesn't run FLEX. Flex is only the oldest offense still being played. Anyone could spot it. Lipscomb runs 4-5 motion offense. I'm not arguing with you I'm just telling you so you would know. Just so you can get your facts straight before you make any future comments.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The negative night time atmosphere at MLK is by no way a shot (no pun intended) at MLK, their program, the parents, or the players. They're as an impressive group as I've seen and they're a magnet school. But you can't pretend that turning off of Charolette onto Joe Johnson is not a problem area. Park across from the school, not along the streets.

I believe that they're supposed to host the district tourney next year. I really don't understand this either.

Have u ever attended a night game at MLK? Well I have and yes it probably isn't the best area to have a game, but the same can be said for many memphis schools, and nashville schools. They would not host a game their if they didn't think it was safe. What's wrong with them hosting the districts next year? Is it because you guys think you are better than where MLK is located, well I attended there for three years and never once was their a problem at a basketball game. So stop stereotyping the area, and get ready to play some ball.

The negative night time atmosphere at MLK is by no way a shot (no pun intended) at MLK, their program, the parents, or the players.  They're as an impressive group as I've seen and they're a magnet school.  But you can't pretend that turning off of Charolette onto Joe Johnson is not a problem area.  Park across from the school, not along the streets.

I believe that they're supposed to host the district tourney next year.  I really don't understand this either.

Have u ever attended a night game at MLK? Well I have and yes it probably isn't the best area to have a game, but the same can be said for many memphis schools, and nashville schools. They would not host a game their if they didn't think it was safe. What's wrong with them hosting the districts next year? Is it because you guys think you are better than where MLK is located, well I attended there for three years and never once was their a problem at a basketball game. So stop stereotyping the area, and get ready to play some ball.

Yes, I've attended night games for 3 of the last 4 years at MLK. Like I said this is nothing against MLK. It's an impressive school. But like you youself just said, " it's probably not the best area to hold a game". I agree totally. There are many schools in areas that are also prone to have problems and in this day and time, it can occur at any school. And of course they should host a game if they earn the chance. Questioning them hosting the district is due to the size of the gym. It's an older gym and it's a smaller gym (which I personally prefer to today's new ones) so I thought maybe they would host the district at a larger location.

Get off of the stereotyping kick. No one is stereotyping anyone. You yourself said that the area in not the best. Just becuase someone in another area says it doesn't automatically make it stereotyping. MLK is a great school but it's located in an area that has more incidents and problems than other areas. That's not stereotyping, it's just stating facts.

I would like to wish MLK good luck in tonights sectional game. I would love to see a rematch between MLK and Portland in the finals. Of course, they both have some games to play, but I expect both MLK and Portland to make state.

On a side note: I've been to MLK for games and feel no more or less threatened than I do anywhere else in Nashville (but then again, I rarely feel threatened). I live in Bellevue, a supposedly "good part of town" and have had two cars broken into. Janet Levine was murdered in Forest Hills, Marcia Trimble was murdered in Belle Meade, Brentwood had a bank robber go on a shooting spree during lunchtime, Springfield had 4 murders recently. I'm sure Greenbrier has had some shootings as well. My point is, there are no bad places, only bad people, and they are pretty much everywhere. I'll be @ the game tonight with some DL players rooting for MLK.